Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you’re missing the fact that we’re currently a very heavy senior team this year thanks to Corona while Florida is very young…. On a consistent basis TENNESSEE will have to match their recruiting efforts or Tennessee simply won’t be able to consistently beat them without having seniors everywhere every 4-5 years.
EBB3265D-912E-456E-995F-4E767FFF60D4.gif

Corporate moved part of my territory into WV.

It's 5 1/2 hours from NE TN. But, only 2 hours from Snowshoe.

Gotta make this work.
what parts of WV do ya have? Snowshoe is ok tbh, but there are better places to ski here. SS, since being bought by intrawest a few years ago has become very expensive, and it gets really really crowded. Long lift lines. The village there is pretty cool, and the closest thing to western skiing atmosphere however.

what parts of WV do ya have? Snowshoe is ok tbh, but there are better places to ski here. SS, since being bought by intrawest a few years ago has become very expensive, and it gets really really crowded. Long lift lines. The village there is pretty cool, and the closest thing to western skiing atmosphere however.
Honestly it's so new i'm not fully sure. Fairmont, Clarksburg, Bridgrport...I think.

Reactions: Z06VolinWV
I'm still getting paid on the first and fifteenth.

Listen young defender of the Constitution. The services jab at each other and the old crusty farts like @BaldBiker, myself, and others don't like the Space Force because you have yet to pay your dues. It will happen and then you will be one of the gang. Until then accept the ridicule as good natured and well deserved.

Great news!

Oh, My wife is a Pediatrician. They are seeing 9 different viruses now (no Covid). The masks, hand washing, and social distancing the last few years had really suppressed the other viruses. (For all those people that said that the masks and social distancing was BS) Seems like the other viruses are trying to make up for lost time…

Most of these viruses are spread by touch. Wash your hands continuously. Keep your older kids away from the baby if they don’t. If your baby is in daycare, be prepared for a multitude of viral infections. Good news is that the baby will have immunity to many by the time she gets to kindergarten…daycare is definitely a blessing and a curse.

Stay safe out there.

I mean… we knew that, doc! This fall pretty much confirms it was BS. 😉 Live in iso obv keeps you from communicable disease, well frick that, that’s no life, let’s go on with it. Now we have turbo influenza and super RSV. But I will say… STOP KISSING BABIES, MORANS. Parents can’t keep going to the hospital with infants. 😡

*watches post get jettisoned to VN wasteland 🚀

Last edited:
They just showed a mock WNBA Draft Board on ESPN. Is that something a real person put time and effort into, or is it something where a computer pucks random names of college players and puts them in a random order?

Public Service Announcement:

If you think that you have the flu, get tested ASAP.

Xofluza is awesome. I had the flu last year. Went from being miserable with 102 fever. Took Xofluza at 8PM and awoke the next morning with no symptoms whatsoever. Totally kicked the influenza virus arse…amazingly quick. Only one dose versus 5 days for Tamiflu. Works great. Downside is that it can only be given to patients over the age of 5. Under 5 even down to infants can still get Tamiflu.

The key to successful treatment for both of these meds is to identify the infection with the flu quickly and receive treatment quickly. Don’t wait for days and days before you check it out . Then its too late.

Good luck out there VolNation!

Public Service Announcement:

If you think that you have the flu, get tested ASAP.

Xofluza is awesome. I had the flu last year. Went from being miserable with 102 fever. Took Xofluza at 8PM and awoke the next morning with no symptoms whatsoever. Totally kicked the influenza virus arse…amazingly quick. Only one dose versus 5 days for Tamiflu. Works great. Downside is that it can only be given to patients over the age of 5. Under 5 even down to infants can still get Tamiflu.

The key to successful treatment for both of these meds is to identify the infection with the flu quickly and receive treatment quickly. Don’t wait for days and days before you check it out . Then its too late.

Good luck out there VolNation!
Or get the vax. Preventatively, of course.

I know this cycle isn’t over yet but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed that we haven’t parlayed our success on the field into recruiting. We’d have the same class as it stands now if we were 7-5/8-4. We’re about to finish 11-1 with a likely playoff berth and these national 5 star guys that we need to keep this train rolling at its current trajectory just aren’t that interested for whatever reason. I don’t know if it’s NIL, coaching relationships, or just the general feeling that we have been so far down that this has to be a one hit wonder. Most SEC programs with our resources and on field success would make a huge recruiting jump into the top 5.

I love everything about this coaching staff and administration. They’ve done an unbelievable job this year. But we always said we were caught in the middle. Not good enough on the field to recruit at the top and not good enough at recruiting to compete on the field at the top. We always said we needed that one overachieving year for recruiting to get rolling. Well it’s here but recruiting isn’t following suit. Not saying our recruiting is bad, it’s just a pretty standard year for UT and hasn’t been bumped with the on field product.

Gonna close strong on this field and then with recruiting. Just have faith and keep the hope alive. Steadfast ye VFLs. It’s happening, we just need to be patient.

13-1 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back