Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Saban Went On A Press Tour During The Big Ten Championship Game To Pathetically Lobby For Alabama To Make The Playoff

Also, the argument he uses is nonsense. "If we played any of these teams that are on the edge or getting in, would we be the underdog or would we be the favorite?"

Uhhhh who cares? That's not how any of this **** works, Nick.

You were a double-digit favorite against Tennessee and LSU and lost both. You were a 24.5-point favorite against Texas A&M and got lucky to win on the final play. It's safe to say the spread isn't exactly a great indicator of Alabama's performance in 2022. And all that is humoring that argument as if it matters at all, which it absolutely does not.

I don't know that I'll be able to watch another college football game again if Alabama somehow backs into the Playoff. Yeah, TCU sucks and we all know that, but it's infinitely more deserving of getting its ass kicked by Georgia than Bama is. The Tide should have been behind Tennessee this week and we shouldn't even be having this conversation anyway.

Yeah.

I hope we get into the Orange Bowl.
Just so all these BLIND Milton fans will finally have to deal with reality.
- 3 weeks prep for Milton
- He'll have all our speedy WRs to throw to
- Then we'll all have watch Milton do what he's ALWAYS DONE.

Finally everyone will have to accept the truth about him.

Prognostication: All the broadcasters will be talking about "what if" Tennessee still had Hendon and how this game would have been different.
- They'll pull up Hyatt's highlights from the Bama game just so everyone is reminded of how explosive we were.
- Then they'll show Milton's current game 50% completion with no TDs.
- Then they'll talk about how dominant UTs run game usually is but not today because Clemson has a bunch of players that can stop the run.
- then they'll say "I guess Dabo was right"😳

And then all Volnation will be PISSED ALL OFF-SEASON AND FINALLY REALIZE MILTON IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Good grief, are you secretly a fan of another team?

To me the big difference in Milton's accuracy has zero to do with the rain unless someone can explain to me how the rain makers you overthrow your target. It can slip out of your hand and cause some accuracy problems or underthrows but I defy you to explin throwing it farther than intended due to the rain. It is obvios the main differenc is the game was on him at the time against Vandy where all the other throws he made were in games already decided before coming in, handling the stress and anxiety of the situation will be what makes or breaks him. I for one am not ready to declare he will or won't be better in the Bowl game but I will say that a bunch more overthrows in a game situation will determine how the coaches will feel about the QB situation going into next season. Unfortunately I'll be taking the "hope for the best but prepare for the worst" stance going into the Bowl.
Runners slip and run much slower in the rain and that throws off the timing. Plus the ball isn’t as secure in your hand, especially in our offense where we don’t stop to dry it off

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Why is the cotton bowl considered the worst of the ny6 bowls? It’s a great city (dallas) and you get to play in at&t stadium.
Because of the auto bid to the highest ranked non power conference as an opponent. That means you run the risk of something close to a no-win situation.

P.S. Go Green Wave! Beat Riley! Beat nail salon boy!

Because of the auto bid to the highest ranked non power conference as an opponent. That means you run the risk of something close to a no-win situation.

P.S. Go Green Wave! Beat Riley! Beat nail salon boy!

IMO American conference shouldn’t get an auto bid unless they are undefeated or have one loss. Should be a power 5 at large

Is it against any rules to skip the offensive coordinator position and just hire two defensive coordinators? lol

When Mason started calling the defense at Vandy, their D was pretty damned good. He did an entire season with no DC. Pretty sure Josh can as well but we don't need to do that. Having a formal OC takes a lot of weight off the HC.

Good find!
This is quite possibly the most pathetic thing I've ever seen in my life. Nick Saban is really out here 12 hours before the College Football Playoff announcement begging for two-loss Alabama to get a spot during conference championship games his team isn't playing in.

Does anyone really think any CFP committee members are going to change their minds and advocate for Alabama to get in over TCU because Saban went on TV in a moment of desperation and told them to? Alabama doesn't even have an argument to be ranked ahead of Tennessee, never mind TCU.

I would love to see a cereal company troll Saban and offer to run them as national champs on one of their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back