Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CFP Committee will give 'ol @BaldBiker one final screwing by putting us ahead of Bama in the final poll. Sending us to the Sugar Bowl instead of the Orange Bowl (and Clemson's ass whipping) that I have been screaming for all along.

Things WILL burn if that happens.
1670170829738.gif

Golech calls the plays, Heupel has the ability the audible (as well as the QB). Anyone who’s watched a game sees him making calls if they decide to believe their lying eyes
What exactly are you SEEING that indicates he’s calling plays? Head gestures, lips moving?

With Klubnik now playing (their best QB) and how they shut down UNC...and us without our Heisman QB...and potential opt-outs of best players...

I don't get the warm fuzzies about that game. Can we get some of them Penn Sts or Kansas Sts? It's a crying shame we might finally get Clemson and we are literally without our dang leader and best player 😒😔

These are my sentiments as well…give me a slow Big 10 team like Penn St. With Hooker I think we throttle them…I don’t like going into this contest limping…especially with them being a recruiting rival.

I don’t either. I think he was very involved in the scripting and charting and instrumental installing the offense. Very detail oriented and has a natural HC presence. It won’t be the exact same offense down there…he’ll put his own stamp imo. But the guy will get them all pulling in the same direction and recruit lights out. They should enjoy him while they have him.
Yeah…. He has the qualities needed to become a great head coach…. It will be interesting to see how he does down there.

I don’t either. I think he was very involved in the scripting and charting and instrumental installing the offense. Very detail oriented and has a natural HC presence. It won’t be the exact same offense down there…he’ll put his own stamp imo. But the guy will get them all pulling in the same direction and recruit lights out. They should enjoy him while they have him.

You’re saying you don’t believe Golesh called plays?

You should have loudly stated, "Bama lost to Tennessee".

I have my UT hat on and they both looked at me at one point or another and they could tell I was listening. They started talking more quiet after the wife said that because I think the husband saw me chuckling to myself haha

Rain didn’t affect the throws as much as the timing of the WRs…a little slower in their routes and cuts. I want to see how he does in the bowl to get a better idea of his play now compared to last year.
I would believe that if they had been playing on grass instead of turf. Traction didn't seem to be an issue.

Maybe a dumb question, but do they go by the CFP rankings or the conference leaderboard? We're #2 in the SEC, right?
I think they go by the CFP rankings but I think there's leeway like if a team played in that bowl a year prior. The Vols were the SECW champions so we should be #2 regardless.

Also most of the overthrows were all go routes maybe a little juking at the line but that shouldn't affect timing on a bomb, these weren't timing routes.I understand the desire to hope for other reasons for the misses but I believe the need for him to take the stress as a starting QB is the problem. Since Hooker went down where he was going to be our QB for the remainder of the season this has reared it's ugly head again, hope he finds a way to control it before next season.He has shown the ability to make the throws consistently when he had no pressure on him so we know he can do it, to me the only difference is the pressure on him now.Would love to be wrong but I'll stick with simple logic until I see evidence elsewhere.
He needs reps and a tweak in the throwing motion. Just the finish where he snaps his wrist. Have him and the WRs do routes on air all summer. Every day. He will be fixed at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back