Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to change the subject now that it’s gotten into something wonderful, but wanted to throw this in to thank all of you that prayed for my son. He’s been in rehab 7 months. Indescribable the difference in him. Totally a new creation in Christ. Today he took the exam to be a certified electrician and inspector. He passed! He also played guitar at church tonight. It was an original song he wrote with the guy who sang!
God is good I’m so happy for you and him not many people are willing to change and I hope he continues to do well

All the more reason I dislike the "perception is reality" quotes. No...it is your perception. Reality is objective. Not the same.
Reality can be objective, but you also have to have the ability to recognize truth. Even when inconvenient.

I think Michelangelo would have fit in with the Morans of volnation. He painted one of his biggest critics (Pope’s master of ceremonies) into the Last Judgement on the front wall of the Sistine chapel. He represented him as the gatekeeper of the underworld. Not very flattering. He has to be top 5 all time just for his spite and vengeance.

I hate to change the subject now that it’s gotten into something wonderful, but wanted to throw this in to thank all of you that prayed for my son. He’s been in rehab 7 months. Indescribable the difference in him. Totally a new creation in Christ. Today he took the exam to be a certified electrician and inspector. He passed! He also played guitar at church tonight. It was an original song he wrote with the guy who sang!

Boom!

I know you have to be so happy and proud. God is good!

I think Michelangelo would have fit in with the Morans of volnation. He painted one of his biggest critics (Pope’s master of ceremonies) into the Last Judgement on the front wall of the Sistine chapel. He represented him as the gatekeeper of the underworld. Not very flattering. He has to be top 5 all time just for his spite and vengeance.
Here is the pic of his rival. I love it.
1674183956495.jpeg

That means he could play CB at a high level. That doesn't mean that he can necessarily coach CB at a high level. Most great players aren't great coaches. Also, what is the excuse for the other 21 primary positions on the field plus the special teams players? He didn't play those positions other than occasionally returning punts.
Come on….you do know every team has position coaches. Right?

Tons on VN want Manning as QB coach and Witten as TE coach, and say, “Who wouldn’t want to play for the greatest ever at their position…” What’s the difference?

Today’s HC are CEOs anyway. If Deion has a quality staff, Colorado will be good. He’ll get the talent. The recruiting game has changed almost overnight. Coaches gotta be in front of the camera to get a bigger spotlight on them, their players, and the brand. Kids see that and want that…….it ain’t my thing, but I’m 52,not 19……Colorado’s success will be based on Primes staff.

I saw "Luncheon of the Boating Party" by Renoir at the Frist Center in Nashville when they had an exhibit of Old Masters, truly impressive. They had paintings by Monet, Van Gogh along with Picasso and several others as well. I can't remember where they were on loan from but it was worth the price of admission for sure.
The Luncheon of the Boating Party by Pierre Auguste Renoir.jpeg

Last edited:

Mel…
giphy.gif

I do love the different ways to view and crunch all these baseball stats. Fascinating, for sure.
I could do it all day.

There are 3 four year spans that could be argued as recent that stack up:

Maddux ‘92-‘95 202 ERA+ 8.3 WAR
Pedro ‘97-‘00 212 ERA+ 9.4 WAR
Randy ‘99-‘02 187 ERA+ 9.5 WAR

I would argue all 5 could pitch in any era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back