Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real wonderment of sculpture, IMO, is generally not the piece itself, but the wonderment of how someone was able to capture and create such beauty through the medium itself. To be able to so delicately carve so much detail into stone, especially the ancient pieces. It blows my mind.

0000827258_OG.JPG
Showing an ancient history video to some sixth graders a few years ago this statue pops up in the intro.

Immediate murmuring.."naked, no clothes".
I stop the video.
"Okay class. It's a statue. No big deal. It's part of history.....besides poor girl doesn't have any arms. No way she can hold up a shirt"

The real wonderment of sculpture, IMO, is generally not the piece itself, but the wonderment of how someone was able to capture and create such beauty through the medium itself. To be able to so delicately carve so much detail into stone, especially the ancient pieces. It blows my mind.

0000827258_OG.JPG
lot of mathematics involved.

Reactions: StoVol
I was fortunate enough to visit The Louvre when I was 15. Loved it, but wish I could go back now. I’d appreciate it so much more today…….
Never been. Never been to Europe. Only time I've been outside the country is to Canada. But I always wanted to travel the world and see all the history out there.

Showing an ancient history video to some sixth graders a few years ago this statue pops up in the intro.

Immediate murmuring.."naked, no clothes".
I stop the video.
"Okay class. It's a statue. No big deal. It's part of history.....besides poor girl doesn't have any arms. No way she can hold up a shirt"
We're taught into today's world that nudity is a bad thing. Obviously, I disagree.

Nudz sent.

We're taught into today's world that nudity is a bad thing. Obviously, I disagree.

Nudz sent.
I worked for a guy for an entire summer delivering hay. At his personal pool at his house boys had to wear shirts in the pool.

When questioned he said that women would check out a man's well developed chest as much as a man would look at a woman's so he felt boys should also wear shirts.

I told him his logic was sound...but that to me it meant neither should wear them! 😜

They are hiding aliens there…….

View attachment 531979
You joke, but I do believe there are historical treasures hidden away in their vaults. Not trying to go all Dan Brown on everyone, but the Catholic Church (no offense to any Catholics) is one of the most secretive organizations on the planet.

And they might have proof of aliens down there....

I’m glad you pointed him out. He deserves a spot in this discussion.
I took an art appreciation class as an elective in college. It was actually one of my favorite classes I took. I wish I knew and understood more about it……
Doesn’t really matter though, ya like what ya like……

You joke, but I do believe there are historical treasures hidden away in their vaults. Not trying to go all Dan Brown on everyone, but the Catholic Church (no offense to any Catholics) is one of the most secretive organizations on the planet.

And they might have proof of aliens down there....
they were also fully intending to hide their treasures.

Reactions: peaygolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back