Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always liked Thomas Kinkade.
View attachment 531968
The man on the left with a pipe and gift is Norman Rockwell, a neat little fact.
I, too, like Thomas Kinkade. Not as deep as some artists, but I enjoy the nostalgic feeling that his paintings bring forth. They feel warm and evoke a feeling of better times.

On the flip side, I have no gall bladder, and someone else's liver.
Afraid I can relate. They took out my spleen. A doctor came in the next day and said they were going to have to take out the hall bladder. Before I could absorb this another one came in and said they might have to take out my liver. Fortunately they came in the next day to say they would not have to.

Afraid I can relate. They took out my spleen. A doctor came in the next day and said they were going to have to take out the hall bladder. Before I could absorb this another one came in and said they might have to take out my liver. Fortunately they came in the next day to say they would not have to.
You can live without a spleen or a gall bladder. You cannot live without a liver.

I saw a video the other week that showed all his paintings over the years and claimed he had built an entire contiguous world through his paintings. For instance, one painting connected to another and that to another, etc.

To where if you could see each, in just the right order, it would be like a flipbook flying through all these environments continuously. Some real Stephen King meta stuff.

I have been inside the Sistine Chspel. Michelangelo’s Ceiling Painting is surreal
My daughter and I were there in November. Other than the Louvre, I’ve never experienced so many masterpieces in one location (Vatican). The School of Athens by Raphael was pretty awesome as well.

That’s my favorite from the painter of light!
There was a Gallery around here several years ago and if someone bought a print there were painters that were trained under him that would highlight the print, that was neat to watch. We would go to the one in Gatlinburg when it was there. Turning the lights up and down really showed the paintings off.

The real wonderment of sculpture, IMO, is generally not the piece itself, but the wonderment of how someone was able to capture and create such beauty through the medium itself. To be able to so delicately carve so much detail into stone, especially the ancient pieces. It blows my mind.

0000827258_OG.JPG

My daughter and I were there in November. Other than the Louvre, I’ve never experienced so many masterpieces in one location (Vatican). The School of Athens by Raphael was pretty awesome as well.
You're going to set me off on another tangent by mentioning the Vatican. Does anyone else wonder what historical treasures they have hidden away from the world in their vaults?

Have you ever noticed when Bob Ross is on, everybody either stops and watches or says something about how they have watched him or they remember a grandparent watching them. Nothing better on a boring Saturday afternoon when nothing is on the tube than to watch Bob Ross paint a happy little tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back