Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will not believe this, we have a guy at the fire house that puts the dry cereal in his mouth and then sips milk! He says this way the cereal never gets soggy if he gets a call. I know we don’t make a lot of money but, Geeze!

On our Scouting campouts in the mountains of New Mexico (hiking) and canoeing in Canada, if you put anything in your water bottle that had sugar or even flavor, it had to go in the bear bag and get hoisted up at night. That would happen way before bedtime.
At the beginning of the week, I would just pour the lemonade, gatorade, or electrolyte packet into my mouth then pour water in afterwards and drink it. The Scouts made fun of me until they were thirsty in the evening, but had nothing else to drink out of…
I got to laugh when we got to a campsite with facilities where they could wash their Nalgene bottles with soap to remove the smell/sugar residue. That was the mountains.
In Canada, they had to heat water to do the same thing. 🤠
I actually had two water bottles and a camelback, so I had 5 liters of water in my pack. Fluids are the best defense against altitude sickness. Many of the Scouts wouldn’t fill up at every opportunity…lessons were learned the hard way on day one. 😂

pooh-think.gif
anybody ever seen the Soviet winnie the pooh?
винни пух

I hate to change the subject now that it’s gotten into something wonderful, but wanted to throw this in to thank all of you that prayed for my son. He’s been in rehab 7 months. Indescribable the difference in him. Totally a new creation in Christ. Today he took the exam to be a certified electrician and inspector. He passed! He also played guitar at church tonight. It was an original song he wrote with the guy who sang!
Jesus is a Chain-Breaker!! Praise God!!

That’s correct it didn’t work and I know that we disagree…. My only point is almost every baseball player did everything they could to be as good as possible…. Whether it be sheep nut juice…. Corked bats… illegal substances on the ball…. Extra pine tar…. Stealing signs…. Greenies…. Steroids…I just find it somewhat silly romanticizing older ball players and vilifying the steroid era…. There is plenty of evidence that the only reason they didn’t use steroids is bc they didn’t exist.
Using incantations, drinking witches brew et al doesn’t count as “cheating” simply because it was ATTEMPTED as such. Even “greenies” don’t transform a player in his 30’s slated to top out at 450-500 home runs into the all time king…both season-wise and career. Aaron is accused of using greenies and most likely did. Being more alert and energetic didn’t make the ball leave the yard! Whatever Maris and Ruth TRIED to do didn’t net them the season record. All three EARNED their title. It’s proven that Sosa, McGwire and Bonds utilized products that artificially placed their names on records. They DID NOT EARN IT. Since the powers that be will not remove their names from the records, the only just punishment is their names missing from Cooperstown.

Using incantations, drinking witches brew et al doesn’t count as “cheating” simply because it was ATTEMPTED as such. Even “greenies” don’t transform a player in his 30’s slated to top out at 450-500 home runs into the all time king…both season-wise and career. Aaron is accused of using greenies and most likely did. Being more alert and energetic didn’t make the ball leave the yard! Whatever Maris and Ruth TRIED to do didn’t net them the season record. All three EARNED their title. It’s proven that Sosa, McGwire and Bonds utilized products that artificially placed their names on records. They DID NOT EARN IT. Since the powers that be will not remove their names from the records, the only just punishment is their names missing from Cooperstown.

Me and a couple of buddies made the trip to St. Louis to try to witness some history the year Sosa and McGuire were going at it, 1998 I believe. Turns out the history we witnessed was of the dark variety. Makes me feel cheated to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back