Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is a club team, I know UK and Alabama both have teams also! Don’t hate me but one of the Alabama players helps coach my boys in the summer 😂

Reactions: drvenner
No one can argue he wasn't straight up and down with that photo
He eventually got to straight up and down after he ran and jumped into the guy. We fans are so insecure, some of you feel like admitting it was a foul means we didn't deserve to win. Basketball officials are horrendous, they missed dozens of calls for both sides all game. That last play was a missed call, one of many. Doesn't mean we didn't deserve to win, so we can all be reasonable and admit it was a bad no call. Didn't decide the game, it just happened to be the last bad call of many throughout the game.

It's not an upset lol
So an unranked team beating the #6 team in the country (that just beat them 2 weeks ago by 10) isn't an upset? That the 12th team in the ACC with a 3-8 conference record going into the game beating the 2nd team in the league on a 7-game win streak isn't an upset? A Quandrant 2 team beating a Quadrant 1 team isn't an upset? How do you think this works?

What you're going to say is that VT wasn't a 'dog in Vegas. It was a pick'em game because it is a heated rivalry game played in Blacksburg and VT is 10-2 at home. In my book, a betting odds upset isn't the only type of upset in sports.

When I was at etsu we had a decent club wrestling team. We tried to team up with cheer/dance to get scholarships to follow Title IX but they wouldn't give us the time of day.
We talked about it at UT with the wrestling team as well. I'm hopeful the growth of women's wrestling might get more D1 adoption of men's wrestling as much of the equipment could be used simultaneously and the scholarships will cancel out. You just have to have an administration and athletic director interested in expanding athletics not just expanding the bank account.

Yeah iirc it's a small amount. I don't even think they match self-funded money, but could be wrong.
Not when I was there, it was a couple thousand dollars for the ultimate Frisbee team to pay for tournament fees for the year. I'm guessing for hockey they pay for the facilities?

Reactions: SoilVol
Not when I was there, it was a couple thousand dollars for the ultimate Frisbee team to pay for tournament fees for the year. I'm guessing for hockey they pay for the facilities?
at ETSU, at least when I was there, we had to raise our own funds.

We talked about it at UT with the wrestling team as well. I'm hopeful the growth of women's wrestling might get more D1 adoption of men's wrestling as much of the equipment could be used simultaneously and the scholarships will cancel out. You just have to have an administration and athletic director interested in expanding athletics not just expanding the bank account.
NCAA needs a female division. Going to nationals you couldn't find one guy who would step on the mat with those females. They are a different breed

Just a moment to appreciate:

Baseball last year had historic offense and defensive stats. We led the country in almost any category you could name.

Football - #1 offense in all of the country

Basketball - #1 defense in all of the country

It's very rare when you can say YOUR team is #1 on an entire side of the game, out of 131 football teams or 300+ basketball and baseball teams. We can say that for 4 of the 6 sides of the ball in football, men's basketball, and baseball. Total domination.

What a time to be a Vol.

Just a moment to appreciate:

Baseball last year had historic offense and defensive stats. We led the country in almost any category you could name.

Football - #1 offense in all of the country

Basketball - #1 defense in all of the country

It's very rare when you can say YOUR team is #1 on an entire side of the game, out of 131 football teams or 300+ basketball and baseball teams.

What a time to be a Vol.
Next step is turning the good into great! National Championships

Reactions: Smokey19rt
That doesn't matter if the shooter jumps into you. At least I think that's the rule now
I mean you can't lunge as the shooter just to draw contact. That's an anti-cheese rule because people were abusing the move.

But natural momentum carrying motion is always allowed. ON also moved into the space mid-shot. Would be different if he had set when the shooter left the floor.

Reactions: Rishvol
I don't think so. Maybe some equipment. Many of the hockey players also play for the Ice Bears I think and they practice/play in that rink. They'll also play ball hockey on local courts.

NCAA needs a female division. Going to nationals you couldn't find one guy who would step on the mat with those females. They are a different breed
Yep. My cousin is wrestling D1 women's actually. She's a bada$$. First 4x state champ in TN women's high school wrestling.

Preseason rankings actually had King University in Bristol as the #2 ranked team in the country. Idk what the rankings are now. Iowa will be the first Power 5 women's wrestling team in 2024.

Reactions: Rishvol
Seinfeld fans, have you watched "Nothing, Forever" yet?

It's awful. Unfunny jokes when laugh track hits. Most aren't even jokes. Clunky. Bad.

And yet I laugh because it's unintentionally funny and the comment section can be funny how closely they follow each episode.

watchmeforever - Twitch

Reactions: Aesius
Seinfeld fans, have you watched "Nothing, Forever" yet?

It's awful. Unfunny jokes when laugh track hits. Most aren't even jokes. Clunky. Bad.

And yet I laugh because it's unintentionally funny and the comment section can be funny how closely they follow each episode.

watchmeforever - Twitch

It’s fascinating. I saw a clip where they were all discussing the meaning of life. Kinda freaky when you realize it’s all AI generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back