Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not when I was there, it was a couple thousand dollars for the ultimate Frisbee team to pay for tournament fees for the year. I'm guessing for hockey they pay for the facilities?

They definitely pay for ice time and it’s not cheap. I have friends that played club hockey at UNC and NC State and whatever money they got from the school went towards ice time but never came close to covering all of it. With paying for ice time, travel, and tournaments they usually payed a good bit of money. I don’t remember the exact range as this was close to a decade ago, but it was over $500/semester. More established clubs have alumni support and fundraising, but dues are very important to keep the club playing.

It’s fascinating. I saw a clip where they were all discussing the meaning of life. Kinda freaky when you realize it’s all AI generated.
Lol yes those videos of them appearing self-aware are weird. But also sort of falls in line with the Seinfeldian "show within a show" tongue in cheek metaphysics.

Simulation theory. . .
I've never really understood where the math comes from. Such as when they say, "there's a 50/50 chance we're living in a simulation". Where the hell do those numbers come from? 😅

Then again I'm always lost and wondering how cosmic figures are calculated...then they start talking about red shift and high level physics and I realize I'm way out of my depth so I might as well not break my brain 😆

I've never really understood where the math comes from. Such as when they say, "there's a 50/50 chance we're living in a simulation". Where the hell do those numbers come from? 😅

Then again I'm always lost and wondering how cosmic figures are calculated...then they start talking about red shift and high level physics and I realize I'm way out of my depth so I might as well not break my brain 😆
Idk, I kinda just trust that they know some math. So many people on earth, if someone throws out a number, someone is gonna fact check it. I don't know how they would even get the numbers to start an equation that explains it.

Last edited:
So an unranked team beating the #6 team in the country (that just beat them 2 weeks ago by 10) isn't an upset? That the 12th team in the ACC with a 3-8 conference record going into the game beating the 2nd team in the league on a 7-game win streak isn't an upset? A Quandrant 2 team beating a Quadrant 1 team isn't an upset? How do you think this works?

What you're going to say is that VT wasn't a 'dog in Vegas. It was a pick'em game because it is a heated rivalry game played in Blacksburg and VT is 10-2 at home. In my book, a betting odds upset isn't the only type of upset in sports.

By winning a game that you're not projected to win or maybe even a game that you're like at least a 3 point dog in? We prob won't agree on this and that's okay. I've watched Maryland do this multiple times as a heavier favorite than 2 points and scoffed at the stupidity of it then. Big upsett by the #3 ranked Georgia Bulldogs over the #1 ranked Vols this year then I guess? Surprised they didn't rush the field for that.

It was not a pickem game because it's a "heated rivalry" in Blacksburg, that literally had nothing to do with the line in any unusual way. VT was a 1-2 point favorite because that's what the stats showed. I had 69-71 VT.

Just a moment to appreciate:

Baseball last year had historic offense and defensive stats. We led the country in almost any category you could name.

Football - #1 offense in all of the country

Basketball - #1 defense in all of the country

It's very rare when you can say YOUR team is #1 on an entire side of the game, out of 131 football teams or 300+ basketball and baseball teams. We can say that for 4 of the 6 sides of the ball in football, men's basketball, and baseball. Total domination.

What a time to be a Vol.
Maybe we need to make Rick Barnes our DC during football season, and Josh Heupel can be a basketball assistant coach in charge of offense during basketball season.....

The whole loading up on 1-and-dones thing seems to be a bad deal overall.

The 2 teams with the most 5* freshman (1 and done most likely) are Duke and Arkansas this year. Not exactly killing it...
To be fair to Arky they’ve been hit with some injuries of significance. Although I agree with the overall point

Last edited:
Reactions: Devo182

Pretty sure I've told you all before that you're just figments of my imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back