Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The important thing is that it will matter come tournament time

Unless we fall apart

The way they see it

"Well TN looked like crap this week"

"Texas looked great against two top ten teams"
Right. Pollsters aren't going to go over 25 teams and all of their H2H matchups. Too much circularity and you're talking 100+ games.

By any chance, did I run into you and your wife/girlfriend approximately 7 years ago at Kranberry Restaurant in Lordsburg? My dad had Vols gear on and we chatted for a few mins?
That was us, and I remember it now that you reminded me. We rockhound over there occasionally and Kranberry is just about the only decent place to eat.

(Insert Groucho Marx voice): "That was no girlfriend [lady], that was my wife!" Or was it Rodney Dangerfield?

Going from promised and signed millions to getting screwed and nothing. That sucks
It's him and his greedy peoples own f'n fault. He reneged on his promise to Miami boosters...who had already started paying him...just to go grubbing for more money from Florida...and he/they got burned.

That's called karma.

Like winning the lottery, making life plans and then being told nm. Got $150 k from Miami but California takes a chunk out of that. Was slated to make $175 k a MONTH in FLORIDA (No state income tax) and now? Nyet.
The money from Miami was just one payment from what I understood...the jackass got greedy and is now paying the price.

The money from Miami was just one payment from what I understood...the jackass got greedy and is now paying the price.

Don’t feel sorry for him and his greedy family at all. You reap what you sow. He was not an all world can’t miss QB like our Nico. 🏈🍊

I do not feel sorry for him. If he is good enough...he will get the chance to make a lot of money somewhere at some point...but he's gotta earn that chance now.

Florida and Miami both WAY over bid his actual value to start with.
Miami and Florida got in a d*** measuring contest at the height of their instate recruiting and NIL finger pointing. This kid got caught in the middle by slapping a price tag on his forehead.

He should have stayed true to his original commitment. He flipped on his word, and someone else flipped on their word to him. Cold world.

Greed, pride, and ego got the best of him and everyone else in that situation. Unfortunately for him, he's the only one that bears the brunt of responsibility.

It was always what he was going to receive while in high school…whether from Miami’s collective or Florida’s. He was supposed to receive $350 k after signing and then $175 k per month after enrollment. This sounds heavily family driven and they were going for the highest bid. Before I call them greedy for saying “ok”, I’d wonder who would turn those figures down. Now Nico’s family bought into the UT vibe, negotiated their deal and never wavered. All that after being more highly ranked and receiving offers from Saban and others all the way up to ESD. That seems to be the example of how to do your business.

329004253_687547006442082_7056742790953492096_n.jpg

It was always what he was going to receive while in high school…whether from Miami’s collective or Florida’s. He was supposed to receive $350 k after signing and then $175 k per month after enrollment. This sounds heavily family driven and they were going for the highest bid. Before I call them greedy for saying “ok”, I’d wonder who would turn those figures down. Now Nico’s family bought into the UT vibe, negotiated their deal and never wavered. All that after being more highly ranked and receiving offers from Saban and others all the way up to ESD. That seems to be the example of how to do your business.
Could be different family dynamics, stress of taking care of family and who had the best advice going into negotiations. Seems like Nico did.

Miami and Florida got in a d*** measuring contest at the height of their instate recruiting and NIL finger pointing. This kid got caught in the middle by slapping a price tag on his forehead.

He should have stayed true to his original commitment. He flipped on his word, and someone else flipped on their word to him. Cold world.

Greed, pride, and ego got the best of him and everyone else in that situation. Unfortunately for him, he's the only one that bears the brunt of responsibility.

Pigs get fat, etc. Tough lesson to learn but better now than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back