Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The top women’s teams have confident shooters and good passers. We have lady’s that just stand around on offense and defense. We need to start recruiting players that play with more tenacity. Any good defensive team that hustles will shut us down. It’s like we just recruit players that have zero fundamentals and just send them on the floor.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Not gonna lie, I thought we were gonna lose by a point when we were down 35-34. . .

Jalin Hyatt had the best October ever and probably the single best performance by a Vol in my lifetime against Bama… the magnitude of it catapulted it above the likes of :

Al Wilson (3 FF) vs. Florida (1998)
Travis Stephens vs. Florida (2001)
Kelly Washington vs. LSU (2001)

That scared the crap out of us. Trying to paddle down to New Orleans for a boys trip. Always went by horseback after that…😎

Mississippi flowed backwards for almost 5 days. 😳

And the State of Mississippi has been Azz backwards for all of its existence.

You people never want to call a spade a spade...you types make excuses for every freaking dumb-selfish thing these idiots do.

I did a lot of stupid 💩 when I was young...but I don't say "well I was just young and dumb"...I just call it what it was...pure f'n stupidity that I regret every day of my life.

I hope the kid learned his expensive lesson and gets another shot at a lottery ticket someday...but I do NOT feel sorry for him.
tenor.gif

I recall Lewis being MUCH more highly touted in that class. I don't recall Henry being touted as a top 5 in the nation RB.
That era was right on the fringe of internet awareness and how to navigate it.

but i seem to remember the opposite of what you are saying. Or we could both be right, and it just depended on who we listned to.

- "Henry was a Parade All-American[1] and "Mr. Florida Football" as a running back at Frostproof Middle-Senior High School.[2] As a senior for the Bulldogs football team, he rushed for 4,087 yards and 42 touchdowns in 14 games."

- "Lewis attended Douglass High School in Atlanta, Georgia, where he was a letterman in football and track.[1] Lewis was rated as the top running back prospect in the nation by Super Prep. Prep Star rated him as the No. 2 southern RB."

I believe it was Jasper Sanks that was all the rage that year above all.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I'm reading it right now too, this is pretty crazy.

THAT IS A TERRIBLE CONTRACT

I'm also pretty sure that you can't put in a contract that the athlete has to attend the school or live anywhere. That's why they make them so heavily weighted on appearances in the college town at crazy dates/times. To fulfill those you almost have to live there, but I don't think that you can outright dictate it.

1.) not looking good for Florida, I hope this story makes its way around the CFB and HS FB communities. NCAA should investigate, but I won't count on it.
2.) THANK GOD we have Spyre and the Volunteer Club
So, one very obvious lesson to be learned is that high school players looking to land NIL contracts shouldn't be represented by a college sophomore and a commercial real estate agent. LOL. The Rashadas are freaking idiots!

Serious question for people who know. (I mean who actually know, LV). Do you think Huep's strategy will continue to be to target only a small number of 'his guys' on the top board? Will we continue to delve into ze portals? What's with all the PWO's?

@Glitch this one's for you. Seems things are difficult on the trail.

Seems like things are really hard right now, really up and down.
Heupel has a strategy and he is sticking to it. It’s about balance of culture, fit and talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back