Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief. Now you're just being ridiculous, but I know that is just the way you are sometimes. The photo from 247 sports wouldn't have been from December 2022. It was probably from Dec 2020 or Dec 2021 when they likely first posted his player profile. That difference that you're seeing isn't from "after a MONTH."
K…cry more. 😏

I need more than a Like button for this post. Need the 'laugh' emoji to apply directly...'high school body expert'...just doesn't sound right for some reason.
Nothing gets these types more riled than unauthorized impressions. They must have stock options in the industry. 😉

Sorry, don't know any other Tennessee fans here. We do have neighbors who lived in Martin, TN for a number of years.

We're retired now after ten years of farming. We moved here to rockhound this area; lots of old zinc & fluorite mines here in SW NM and Cochise Co., AZ. Year-round golfing too.
Betty and Dave are not Vol fans but they do live in Deming. Both are retired.
You definitely picked a good area for mines. Have you made it to Steins? Our school field trips would go there.

That era was right on the fringe of internet awareness and how to navigate it.

but i seem to remember the opposite of what you are saying. Or we could both be right, and it just depended on who we listned to.

- "Henry was a Parade All-American[1] and "Mr. Florida Football" as a running back at Frostproof Middle-Senior High School.[2] As a senior for the Bulldogs football team, he rushed for 4,087 yards and 42 touchdowns in 14 games."

- "Lewis attended Douglass High School in Atlanta, Georgia, where he was a letterman in football and track.[1] Lewis was rated as the top running back prospect in the nation by Super Prep. Prep Star rated him as the No. 2 southern RB."

I believe it was Jasper Sanks that was all the rage that year above all.

Yep. I remember Sanks being #1 and Lewis #2. Henry was touted and put up crazy numbers, but was a notch below those guys. I thought Auburn also got a big one in that class who didn't pan out. But maybe I'm confused. I often am.

Reactions: LittleVol
Yep. I remember Sanks being #1 and Lewis #2. Henry was touted and put up crazy numbers, but was a notch below those guys. I thought Auburn also got a big one in that class who didn't pan out. But maybe I'm confused. I often am.
Well...1997 was a long time ago lol.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
You are correct about Sanks. Most had Lewis listed as the #1 fullback in the country. Boy, how the game has changed.
I wish some things would revert back.
Like having a fullback.
Bryson was an awesome fullback.

If I were a college HC, I would totally recruit big fast guys right at 6'0" just to play fullback. Maybe they played RB in HS, but if they were big snd liked contact, I would teach them FB and have then run goaline TDs.

All these 230 lb Linebackers running around would be in for a long day.
Some elements of football should never change. Running down the defense's throat with power is one them

Travis Minor was in that class, too...if I'm not mistaken. He may have been ranked ahead of all of em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back