Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man life is really beating me down as usually my grandma has had chemo treatnents for the past few years.Within the past 3 days she has completely regressed to the point where all saying our goodbyes rite now..Devastating to say the least.Man I'm a nervous wreck anymore its just one thing after another after another...Prayers would be greatly appreciated although I'm beginning to question if anything works cause I'm taking a beating this past year or so...thanks yall

Man life is really beating me down as usually my grandma has had chemo treatnents for the past few years.Within the past 3 days she has completely regressed to the point where all saying our goodbyes rite now..Devastating to say the least.Man I'm a nervous wreck anymore its just one thing after another after another...Prayers would be greatly appreciated although I'm beginning to question if anything works cause I'm taking a beating this past year or so...thanks yall
😞🙏. We know you’ve had a very rough patch, but I was inspired when you found a way to give your children a Christmas even though not letting us help you. You showed you are stronger than what you give yourself credit for. We have plenty enough ears here for you.

Damn capitalists! 🤬 Got through the whole production unscathed, myself. Tidbit was before Tom Lemming became a patron saint of “experting” high school football talent? He was a mailman. I respect Lemming and like that he’s always PERSONALLY done evaluations, but even he will admit to how much he misses. Art Duffy became famous for being highly regarded by the existing recruiting bodies …and not existing. 😉

Yeah Lemming started all this if you think about it!
And everybody misses. Including me.

I have no problem with star rankings in the generic sense.
It's when people actually try to attach a true value to them lol.

Some people honestly think that a player become more athletic because they got a bump.
I call it the "Sailor Moon Effect"

Sometimes nothing "works" unfortunately as many things are "just life" sadly. We have to stay strong. Just remember your sobriety is atop the pyramid of importance. You can't be there for others if you're in the bottle and, most importantly, drinking won't help ANYTHING and only make everything worse. Just remember that key point, brother.

Sometimes it also helps to put things in perspective. Such as - you seem to have a wonderful grandmother and you got to know her, spend time with her, and even lean on her. That's incredible. I remember when my dad passed away. I immediately thought - "how many children have never known their dad?" Or how many had dads that passed when they were very young. Or, worse yet, had abusive or terrible dads. Or even unloving absent fathers. I felt extremely lucky in that moment, even though he had just passed.

Sometimes understanding how blessed we have been can help keep things in perspective, in relation to the millions and billions that have it far worse. Focus on the positives and the good times.

Last edited:
Betty and Dave are not Vol fans but they do live in Deming. Both are retired.
You definitely picked a good area for mines. Have you made it to Steins? Our school field trips would go there.
We know a few Bettys and a few Daves. Do you know their last name?

We have driven past Steins many times but have never stopped in. Looks like an interesting old ghost town.

Reactions: The Streak
Man it feels good to not obsess over recruiting anymore, because we actually have a great team and coach once again. After all, actual football is the name of the game, not "winning the offseason".

No longer do I spend all offseason hoping for elite recruits so we can "maybe win 8 or 9 games" in a couple years.

Man, those were the days...not-borat.gif

I wish some things would revert back.
Like having a fullback.
Bryson was an awesome fullback.

If I were a college HC, I would totally recruit big fast guys right at 6'0" just to play fullback. Maybe they played RB in HS, but if they were big snd liked contact, I would teach them FB and have then run goaline TDs.

All these 230 lb Linebackers running around would be in for a long day.
Some elements of football should never change. Running down the defense's throat with power is one them
Our QB is bigger than those LBs. I believe Princeton Fant was too. The size is there.

Reactions: Glitch

🙏 sent for peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back