Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is happening whether you admit it or not....so call.it whatever, but it IS happening. They are absolutely LETTING other teams beat the 💩 out off our guys off the ball every possession with ZERO calls....if you deny that you are either willingly blind, a flat out liar or stupid...and I don't think you are a liar or stupid.

"Conspiracy" or however you want to define it...it is happening....period.

I agree they need to adapt somehow, but I don't know exactly how they can with no driving threat and the refs letting other teams grab, push, hold and trip our guys off the ball.
This might be the old USA Soccer problem - we don't embellish and flop enough. Too tough for our own good.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
It is happening whether you admit it or not....so call.it whatever, but it IS happening. They are absolutely LETTING other teams beat the 💩 out off our guys off the ball every possession with ZERO calls....if you deny that you are either willingly blind, a flat out liar or stupid...and I don't think you are a liar or stupid.

"Conspiracy" or however you want to define it...it is happening....period.

I agree they need to adapt somehow, but I don't know exactly how they can with no driving threat and the refs letting other teams grab, push, hold and trip our guys off the ball.

Basketball is a contact sport. It’s how the game is played.

I think we've reached a point in college football where scholarships should not be guaranteed. Players shouldn't get it both ways. If they can get paid, then they should also have to earn their scholarship every year. If we're going to make it a "job", then it should have the same consequences as a job. Having your scholarship pulled because you didn't perform to a certain level would be a consequence.
I didn't think scholarships were for 4 years. I'm often wrong, just ask my wife.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Memorial might be Vandy's home court and it's a weird place to play... but the crowd was two-thirds orange last night. Not really a hostile environment. Vols just didn't play that well and missed numerous opportunities to close out a game they should've won. Considering the upcoming schedule, I think most consider this an unfortunate loss. On to Mizzou.

US soccer is coaching. That’s our problem. Talent is finally there now, the coaching is not. I wouldn’t say we are tougher than other teams either.
I agree with your assessment of the current situation. I was speaking on an old problem. I'm also not about to step in the ring with a true soccer fan, so whatever you say.

Basketball is a contact sport. It’s how the game is played.
Tennessee’s not the only school to get held or fouled on off the ball movement. We need to do a better job of setting the screens but also the player running off the screens need to do a better job of setting it up. Watch Steph Curry tape. He gets held and fouled a lot, sometimes they call it sometimes they don’t. But the way he does it, he creates separation and is physical on his off the ball movement. Tennessee has to be stronger on and off the ball if we want to make a deep run. Refs simply aren’t going to give us calls if we aren’t strong with the ball near the basket.

Have you tin foil hats considered the fact that we dont get fouls is because the team is reluctant to drive to the basket and is timid on the offensive glass? If you aren't getting fouls, its not always on the refs. You gotta adapt.
We are 8th in the country, and 1st among power 5 schools in offensive rebounds per game.

When you get results let us know. I’m always interested in the deer that come out in surrounding counties. So you’re neighbors were the trespassers haha caught on trail cam
Not the neighbors, but two guys hunting the neighbors property. And no, not caught on camera, caught trying to get into blinds, while not wearing orange, WHILE someone was in the blind the whole time. Game warden was reluctant to do anything. Property posted and painted. They'd still come. We found some bucks killed, quartered, and carcasses hid as well.

Kentucky has Mark Stoops and we have Rick Barnes.

The big three are certainly doing as well as they have ever done in all. But still, I'm not sure exactly how some people in the fan base are so convinced we won't be back to tarping seats if we fire the most accomplished basketball coach we've ever had. The list of definite upgrades over Barnes is not a long list.

Everything school and all that, but I think we all know the fans aren't going to trek through a decade in the wilderness with basketball like they did with football.

I think talent is an issue. Recruiting has dropped off markedly.

He has 2 top 50 players and another who has considerably moved up into the top 100 coming in next year. It really hasn’t dropped off.

Aidoo was top 60. Mashak was top 60. JJJ was a 5 star that wasn’t an immediate pro talent. Phillips was a 5 star. Vescovi was a very young and talented international player. PG and an Uber talented post are the weaknesses, and 3 star veterans can be great players if they develop.

But I guess the suggestion that talent is lacking at 19-5 shows you how good Barnes is.

He has 2 top 50 players and another who has considerably moved up into the top 100 coming in next year. It really hasn’t dropped off.

Aidoo was top 60. Mashak was top 60. JJJ was a 5 star that wasn’t an immediate pro talent. Phillips was a 5 star. Vescovi was a very young and talented international player. PG and an Uber talented post are the weaknesses, and 3 star veterans can be great players if they develop.

But I guess the suggestion that talent is lacking at 19-5 shows you how good Barnes is.
moar

Honestly there is so much parity in college BB this year seeding doesn't even matter to me. Just get right and try and make a run. I wouldn't expect 1 seeds to advance any farther than a 9 seed this year. Its just going to be the teams that get hot.

This is absolutely the most important factor. We need to get hot hopefully by the 2nd half of this month.

Kentucky has Mark Stoops and we have Rick Barnes.

The big three are certainly doing as well as they have ever done in all. But still, I'm not sure exactly how some people in the fan base are so convinced we won't be back to tarping seats if we fire the most accomplished basketball coach we've ever had. The list of definite upgrades over Barnes is not a long list.

Everything school and all that, but I think we all know the fans aren't going to trek through a decade in the wilderness with basketball like they did with football.
Define “wilderness”. Wasn’t that long ago we were nervous about chances to make the NIT. This is a program that’s never been to the Final Four! I know we’re not disagreeing, but the general sentiment you’re responding to is madness. We start winning 20+ regularly and our fans order a sense of entitlement on Amazon.

Tennessee’s not the only school to get held or fouled on off the ball movement. We need to do a better job of setting the screens but also the player running off the screens need to do a better job of setting it up. Watch Steph Curry tape. He gets held and fouled a lot, sometimes they call it sometimes they don’t. But the way he does it, he creates separation and is physical on his off the ball movement. Tennessee has to be stronger on and off the ball if we want to make a deep run. Refs simply aren’t going to give us calls if we aren’t strong with the ball near the basket.

You realize you are using a GOAT type NBA player as an example versus college guys, right?

JMO - It has nothing to do with "giving us calls" and has everything to do with calling games in accordance to the fouling tendencies of both teams. That's not happening.

Barnes is trying to have more quickness on the court by playing small ball to counter the opponents and officials, which will never work against teams that work inside out with good scoring, physical centers if their teammates can hit the outside J's and drive the ball. What I don't care for is the fact we can also change and play inside out with the roster we have. He has been unwilling to do so. Force the officials to call it the same way for both teams when it is obvious that is the only way a mediocre team can beat you.

We are known far and wide as a physical defensive team. Less physical opponents counter by grabbing and holding. Shows and crew allow for grabbing and holding. So either boot them from your games or grab and hold on defense while using an inside out O that uses a center and PF in the paint.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back