Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
No judgment as to one's childhood and I'm not an old school or traditionalist type...quite the opposite...but I do think kids need to get the hell back outside and be in nature, getting dirty, and experiencing "play" outside of their bedrooms... (but off my lawn, most importantly!)
This post made me think a lot about my twenties. It is funny what life can do to you. I once would say the exact same thing about my worldview...boy has that changed.

My coach would ask us every time - Are you hurt or are you injured?!?
That is the saying that I use on my kids all the time…I can tell some parents don’t teach their kids the same way… My son had a teammate on his football team that had to sit out three different second halves bc the shoulder pads had irritated his neck area. 🤣

For a boy:

Luke Albee Lowe
It'd be funny when you yell his name and people kinda duck their heads and look up.

Eubie Sosa Lowe
You can yell his full name when you want him to hurry up.

Or there's always Barry Manny Lowe.

Or whatever, just give him the nickname Jiggy.

For a girl:
Yeah, I got nuthin. I thought about Buffy but it might no work out that well if she turns out to be kinda big-boned.
I was getting really tired of reading these suggestions, but you made me laugh at loud. Well played.

That is the saying that I use on my kids all the time…I can tell some parents don’t teach their kids the same way… My son had a teammate on his football team that had to sit out three different second halves bc the shoulder pads had irritated his neck area. 🤣
I have more issues with parents than kids. Been coaching my little girl since she was 3 and this past season they went to all girls (five years old and boys playing anymore). We kept the same girls together and added one new girl who had never played. We beat every team by at least ten but one. We won that game by two. We started sitting one to two girls at a time and they would still score. Even told them they had to pass once before scoring (mostly was kick it forward or to to the side). Had a couple games with parents yelling out comments. I wanted to say they paid $$$ too and I can’t bench everyone but one girl. Calm down Karen.

I’m not lying to myself. The season isn’t over and I don’t think there’s any such thing as a meaningless game. It means something. I thought he’d enter the draft like many others but I thought he and Brice Young were different. I was 1/2 right. Brice Young is playing is the Sugar Bowl with his teammates/brothers.
Yeah...I am with you on this.

Lol, "going into our last year we were 19-3 in play". Not sure what he's supposed to be referencing but he never lost fewer than 4 games in a season. He only had a 1 season in 5 years where he had a winning record in conference play at 5-3.

Delusional. I don't miss him.
Maybe he is doing like Beamer and counting quarters that he won.

I have more issues with parents than kids. Been coaching my little girl since she was 3 and this past season they went to all girls (five years old and boys playing anymore). We kept the same girls together and added one new girl who had never played. We beat every team by at least ten but one. We won that game by two. We started sitting one to two girls at a time and they would still score. Even told them they had to pass once before scoring (mostly was kick it forward or to to the side). Had a couple games with parents yelling out comments. I wanted to say they paid $$$ too and I can’t bench everyone but one girl. Calm down Karen.
That is definitely true

I’d love to hit up the other islands. I’ve been to Oahu 7 times but it was never my choice, it was just a port visit on deployments. If you escape Waikiki and get around the island it’s really nice but wish I could have tried a different island. Buddy of mine was from Big Island and we were supposed to catch a quick flight over there for a couple days on one of our stops but the plans fell through. I was bummed.

Love the Big Island. So many different ecological zones in one place. The live volcano there definitely influences how the islands different zones occurred.

Took my wife there for her 30th birthday. Still a great trip. Would love to go back again.

Surprise you had a good experience on the north shore. They arent exactly welcoming to outsiders.

That was just you…they were very nice to the rest of us. 😇

I have only been treated poorly as “an American tourist “ once. It was on a live aboard dive boat in Australia. It only lasted for a day. We were the only Americans onboard. The other divers were European and weren’t very friendly until they realized that we weren’t “rude Americans “ Then the rest of the trip was awesome.

Honestly, the worst places I’ve been treated were in NYC. It’s almost like they reveled in being rude. I take a little evil pleasure in being so polite and respectful to the rude ones that it throws them off their game and then they don’t know what to do. Not a fan of any big city really…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back