Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious now how many of you don’t have facial hair because family members don’t like it. My husband grew out a beard a few weeks before our first date. I asked him not to shave it. 41 years later he still has it.
My wife prefers me with a goatee. I cannot really grow in a full beard. I shave every day.

Practice nuggets…

Tennessee continued their bowl prep Saturday morning and we got our first glance at the 14 midterm enrollees.

Before we get into that a couple of quick notes Jeremy Banks did dress for practice. He did some warm up stuff then seemed to be standing and watching more when they got into other drills. I didn't see Treyvon Flowers during the few minutes we got to watch. Without Jalin Hyatt out there and no Tillman, Bru McCoy was running lead in the receiver group with Keyton and White getting the bulk of the routes on air with Joe Milton. Milton throw the ball well and was sharp in that drill. I know that's not a shock and we all want to see that translate on the game field, but he was really good on stuff over the middle. Again routes vs. air.

As for Nico, he throws a pretty ball. He's tall and honestly he's not as skinny as everyone lets on. He's two days into trying to figure things out, but the ball comes out of his hand well there's no doubt about that. It's easy to see why school's coveted him.

I love Nathan Leacock's size. He has a frame to add weight and looks like a guy who could muscle people around.

There were no pads so it's tough to get any kind gauge on the linemen. Lang seems to have some quickness to him. Robinson and Trevor Duncan are learning the Rodney way. Caleb Herring needs weight. Airon Carter practiced on Friday but was doing drills on the side on Saturday. Moves well for sure.

Jordan Matthews and Cristian Conyer were going to drills for the first time today as they didn't get their physicals done till Friday. Caleb Herring needs to add weight as you would expect, but he's not significantly smaller than Josh Josephs, who also needs to add weight.

- Hubbs

Today is an exciting sports day. Lots of top 25 matchups in college hoops including our Vols, an NFL game in a snowstorm tonight and several college football bowl games.

Not to mention NBA, World Cup, and NHL.

Great early Christmas gift for us sports fans.

Two goals for today. Basketvols win. Florida gets run by Oregon State.

TENNESSEE - 30
MARYLAND - 23
Dec. 17, 1983

ORLANDO -- The Vols closed out their finest season since 1972, scoring two fourth quarter touchdowns to defeat Maryland 30-23, before a sellout crowd of 50,500 and millions more on ESPN.

Johnnie Jones and Alan Cockrell were the Vols' offensive stickouts. Jones gained 154 yards on 29 carries and tallied twice, part of the Vols 201-yard ground attack. Cockrell completed 16 of 23 passes for 185 yards and one touchdown. Clyde Duncan caught six passes for 59 yards and Lenny Taylor caught four for 68 yards and one touchdown.

The Vols were led on defense by linebacker Alvin Toles, who recovered a fumble and intercepted a pass, both efforts leading to Vol scores. The Vols also held the Terrapins to 95 yards on the ground.

The Vols finished the year No. 15 by The New York Times, No. 17 by USA Today and No. 14 by Sports Illustrated.

sddefault.jpg

Last edited:
Tennessee continued their bowl prep Saturday and we got our first glance at the 14 midterm enrollees.

Before we get into that a couple of quick notes Jeremy Banks did dress for practice. He did some warm up stuff then seemed to be standing and watching more when they got into other drills. I didn't see Treyvon Flowers during the few minutes we got to watch. Without Jalin Hyatt out there and no Tillman, Bru McCoy was running lead in the receiver group with Keyton and White getting the bulk of the routes on air with Joe Milton. Milton throw the ball well and was sharp in that drill. I know that's not a shock and we all want to see that translate on the game field, but he was really good on stuff over the middle. Again routes vs. air.

As for Nico, he throws a pretty ball. He's tall and honestly he's not as skinny as everyone lets on. He's two days into trying to figure things out, but the ball comes out of his hand well there's no doubt about that. It's easy to see why school's coveted him.

I love Nathan Leacock's size. He has a frame to add weight and looks like a guy who could muscle people around.

There were no pads so it's tough to get any kind gauge on the linemen. Lang seems to have some quickness to him. Robinson and Trevor Duncan are learning the Rodney way. Caleb Herring needs weight. Airon Carter practiced on Friday but was doing drills on the side on Saturday. Moves well for sure.

Jordan Matthews and Cristian Conyer were going to drills for the first time today as they didn't get their physicals done till Friday. Caleb Herring needs to add weight as you would expect, but he's not significantly smaller than Josh Josephs, who also needs to add weight.

-Brent Hubbs

Are both teams on same sideline? That’s the reason I refused to watch lol
Yes, but that's not ESPNs fault. They keep not showing replays of penalties, and tjey keep showing ra Dom shots of totally empty seats. Just a weirdly bad broadcast from them.

Reactions: UTMVol76
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back