Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that the NCAA wants to add some more scholarship reductions and recruiting restrictions on top of what we’ve already self imposed, and we’re extremely displeased because we gauged the level of self-imposed penalties based on what the NCAA recommended through the cooperative process.
Never trust the NCAA…. It’s why I have always felt that it is better to tell them to kick rocks… lawyer up and tell them to prove it.

We literally went scorched Earth. Any further punishment ONLY serves to punish the fans, coaches, and current student athletes that all had nothing to do with the infractions.

The Chancellor that hired Fulmer is gone. Fulmer is gone. The entire staff that committed infractions are gone, fired with cause. The players that accepted impermissible benefits either transferred or have probably graduated this past year. There's nothing left.

"Hey, the last person that lived in this house committed domestic assault so we're gonna need you to serve 1 month in jail."
Every team that tries to play ball seems like the NCAA sticks it to them.

I have yet to kill anybody while driving drunk. I plan on to keep judging other people who do it.
I never killed anyone while driving drunk either, but there was a time in my life when I could have. I try to never make excuses, for myself or anyone else, but I sure have made mistakes in the past that could have cost me or someone else their life. Very few of us can say that we’ve never been in that situation. I’m grateful for Gods mercy and protection to see me through those troubled times when I was on the wrong road, literally and figuratively.

I have heard that the NCAA wants to add some more scholarship reductions and recruiting restrictions on top of what we’ve already self imposed, and we’re extremely displeased because we gauged the level of self-imposed penalties based on what the NCAA recommended through the cooperative process.
Means NCAA and Tn haven’t been able to agree. TN offered scholarship reductions and loss of recruiting time and that wasn’t enough for NCAA to agree to move on.

AP

Basilio said his TN contacts don’t believe we will get a bowl ban, but it’s a possibility.

AP and Basilio think we could have additional scholarship reductions above what we’ve already self-imposed.

I don’t think a bowl ban is being seriously considered. Not for Tennessee’s sake, but the belief is that if the NCAA starts imposing post-season bans again to major programs, university presidents will feel that NCAA is more trouble than it’s worth.

Too much money at stake…Tennessee staying home affects the whole conference’s bottom line.

Very much so...You would almost think some have it out for our program since White & Huep resurrected us out of the ashes. They don't want us to be dominant force.

Our TV ratings were excellent though. This is where a Greg Sankey should step in for the good of the conference and just throw some weight around to end the investigation.

I don’t think a bowl ban is being seriously considered. Not for Tennessee’s sake, but the belief is that if the NCAA starts imposing post-season bans again to major programs, university presidents will feel that NCAA is more trouble than it’s worth.

Too much money at stake…Tennessee staying home affects the whole conference’s bottom line.
OK, this is the time for Sankey to step up to the plate for us and tell the NCAA to stfu.

And if you believe that will actually happen, then I have some beachfront in Arizona to discuss with you.

I'm just saying but if the AA wants to keep playing games, I think it's time to dig up some bones. Let's see how badly they really want to protect their cash cows.
This would be on us…. You don’t play ball with the ncaa…. I’m hoping I’m wrong and it works out for us.

I'm just saying but if the AA wants to keep playing games, I think it's time to dig up some bones. Let's see how badly they really want to protect their cash cows.
We need our own version of Anonymous to turn these other programs inside out.

Leak some favorable emails between the NCAA and their favorite programs/ADs

Yeah, that’s ridiculous. We’ve done more than enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back