Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have to choose between scholarship reductions (10+) or bowl ban, which one are you going with?

I feel like we can get around the reductions with NIL $$$. The thought of Danny White signing off on reductions in the morning, and then releasing a video that afternoon with Spyre to raise NIL budget for more "walk-ons" is absolutely delightful to me.

UT was hit harder than expected. They did not expect a failure to monitor, which hits the school not former employees fired for cause. Negotiating to get rid of the failure to monitor means taking hits elsewhere. Clearly, UT does not want a postseason ban now, though they considered self-imposing it when the team was at a far different place. The NCAA sees that as a way to send a meaningful message, so taking the harsher penalties off the table will come at a price.

Trusting the NCAA is inviting the entire fox family into the henhouse. Once they're there, try getting rid of them without unwanted damage.
So much for that whole cooperating with the investigation thing. Why don’t they go snoop around Bama who is still letting an accessory to murder play basketball! But oh no, let’s punish coaches and players who have no ties to what Pruitt and his staff did. So stupid!

Us, apparently...I swear we just roll over and take it sometimes while Bama and Georgia continue to make a mockery of the NCAA. Bama had a player miss 0 time for delivering a loaded gun that was used in a murder. Right, wrong, or indifferent in the situation, it was mid freaking season and he played 2 days later. There's no way they had every single fact on the situation but that first rounder was sure cleared in time to resume play. Then I look at Jordan Addison at USC (1 among many other blatant tampering cases) and how they reported him transferring before he even hit the portal and somehow WE had a freakin shortstop under investigation and sitting out for possible tampering. LSU strutted Will Wade on the court until it was impossible to do so and we suspend Tony V for a weekend....I don't understand
The NCAA has no jurisdiction over ongoing criminal matters. As memory serves, they had no jurisdiction over Penn State's pedo-gate, nor even jurisdiction over North Carolina's fake courses (memory serves that was under the jurisdiction of their accrediting board?).

You seriously expect the NCAA to suspend a player for non-academic criminal issues that he hasn't been charged for?

TBH, if it's bad enough that more than assistant is getting a show cause then what they did is far worse than we know. We're getting off easy if we only have some reductions.
Not true. Look at, I believe it was Kansas and LSU blame the assistants, fire the head guy. Move on.

How wrong we were about Shoop being a definitive upgrade? Jancek and Lawson were the main coaching losses cogs in Butch's eventual dismissal.

I was shocked when we fired Jancek. Shoop might've been an upgrade if he and Butch could've gotten along but I think CBJ had that issue with a lot of staff and players. Jancek really had done a decent job though.

UT was hit harder than expected. They did not expect a failure to monitor, which hits the school not former employees fired for cause. Negotiating to get rid of the failure to monitor means taking hits elsewhere. Clearly, UT does not want a postseason ban now, though they considered self-imposing it when the team was at a far different place. The NCAA sees that as a way to send a meaningful message, so taking the harsher penalties off the table will come at a price.

Trusting the NCAA is inviting the entire fox family into the henhouse. Once they're there, try getting rid of them without unwanted damage.
It's like an audit. Keep them on the peripheral. If you give them opportunity to snoop they'll shovel their way deeper and deeper.

If you turn yourself in - you're monitoring.

If you have to choose between scholarship reductions (10+) or bowl ban, which one are you going with?

I feel like we can get around the reductions with NIL $$$. The thought of Danny White signing off on reductions in the morning, and then releasing a video that afternoon with Spyre to raise NIL budget for more "walk-ons" is absolutely delightful to me.
Bowl ban is worse. There are ways around scholarship reductions like you mention, there’s no way around a bowl ban.

I hope so. The NCAA is not our friend. They are not on our side, no matter how graciously they thank us for giving them free access and conducting such a thorough investigation. Both UT and outside counsel warned that complete transparency might not mitigate damages to the degree hoped and might actually give the NCAA evidence of malfeasance they wouldn't have uncovered otherwise-- which it did, and they thanked UT for it in the NOA.
Wonder where I have heard that before…. Oh yeah…. I have said that the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back