Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be on us…. You don’t play ball with the ncaa…. I’m hoping I’m wrong and it works out for us.
I said that from the start, I've always said that. The NCAA doesn't have any power unless you give it to them. Some schools have it figured out others are a little slow.

I said that from the start, I've always said that. The NCAA doesn't have any power unless you give it to them. Some schools have it figured out others are a little slow.
I have said that too…. They can’t really investigate…. Give them all the info and they will use it to burn you.

I can see this coming - only coaches that get multi-year showcauses are those named, we get added scholarship reductions, decrease in recruiting visits, and Pruit is coaching at Bama in 2024.

Not out of the question on a bowl ban either.

This would be on us…. You don’t play ball with the ncaa…. I’m hoping I’m wrong and it works out for us.

It isn’t working out. Not like we had hoped. Not like the NCAA intimated that it would early in the process.

We may negotiate a softening of the blow, but we aren’t going to get resolution without additional penalties. They seem dead set on it. Part of me wonders if Heupel’s early success convinced someone at the NCAA that they didn’t do enough.

Edit: I made this sound worse than the situation really is. No one I’ve spoken to believes we’re going to get hammered or anything. But a lot of people feel duped, and these sorts of people don’t appreciate being duped.

Last edited:
It isn’t working out. Not like we had hoped. Not like the NCAA intimated that it would early in the process.

We may negotiate a softening of the blow, but we aren’t going to get resolution without additional penalties. They seem dead set on it. Part of me wonders if Heupel’s early success convinced someone at the NCAA that they didn’t do enough.
Give someone an inch and they'll take a mile everytime.

Pretty sure it was beating Alabama with a depleted roster that did it

Basilio said his TN contacts don’t believe we will get a bowl ban, but it’s a possibility.

AP and Basilio think we could have additional scholarship reductions above what we’ve already self-imposed.
If we are undefeated by the 4th Saturday of October we will get a postseason ban. Book it.

Us, apparently...I swear we just roll over and take it sometimes while Bama and Georgia continue to make a mockery of the NCAA. Bama had a player miss 0 time for delivering a loaded gun that was used in a murder. Right, wrong, or indifferent in the situation, it was mid freaking season and he played 2 days later. There's no way they had every single fact on the situation but that first rounder was sure cleared in time to resume play. Then I look at Jordan Addison at USC (1 among many other blatant tampering cases) and how they reported him transferring before he even hit the portal and somehow WE had a freakin shortstop under investigation and sitting out for possible tampering. LSU strutted Will Wade on the court until it was impossible to do so and we suspend Tony V for a weekend....I don't understand

Edit: I made this sound worse than the situation really is. No one I’ve spoken to believes we’re going to get hammered or anything. But a lot of people feel duped, and these sorts of people don’t appreciate being duped.
It is the way the NCAA has always worked, imo.

1. They claim that it benefits teams to turn themselves in( 100% not true)

2.They have no real investigative power(don’t do it for them)

3. They don’t want a fight and will back down some it it gets too challenging.

These facts have been true for over 40 years…. Dickey would not allow them to do us this way…. Hopefully, DW puts a stop to it.

I predict we may become more belligerent with these people going forward. The admin is apparently not impressed with how the NCAA has comported itself since the NOA was handed down.

It is the way the NCAA has always worked, imo.

1. They claim that it benefits teams to turn themselves in( 100% not true)

2.They have no real investigative power(don’t do it for them)

3. They don’t want a fight and will back down some of it gets too challenging.

These facts have been true for over 40 years…. Dickey would not allow them to do us this way…. Hopefully, DW puts a stop to it.
There's a reason LSU, UNC and others drug their feet for so long. There are too many campuses for the AA to be on top of things st everyone. Deny deny deny and drag things out as long as possible.

I predict we may become more belligerent with these people going forward. The admin is apparently not impressed with how the NCAA has comported itself since the NOA was handed down.
White knows how Duke Bball handled things he can go ask his dad. Once again all this proves is Plowtown is in over her head.

UT was hit harder than expected. They did not expect a failure to monitor, which hits the school not former employees fired for cause. Negotiating to get rid of the failure to monitor means taking hits elsewhere. Clearly, UT does not want a postseason ban now, though they considered self-imposing it when the team was at a far different place. The NCAA sees that as a way to send a meaningful message, so taking the harsher penalties off the table will come at a price.

Trusting the NCAA is inviting the entire fox family into the henhouse. Once they're there, try getting rid of them without unwanted damage.

UT was hit harder than expected. They did not expect a failure to monitor, which hits the school not former employees fired for cause. Negotiating to get rid of the failure to monitor means taking hits elsewhere. Clearly, UT does not want a postseason ban now, though they considered self-imposing it when the team was at a far different place. The NCAA sees that as a way to send a meaningful message, so taking the harsher penalties off the table will come at a price.

Trusting the NCAA is inviting the entire fox family into the henhouse. Once they're there, try getting rid of them without unwanted damage.

If only the NCAA understood messaging at all.

They're sending a message to everyone, alright...

I hope so. The NCAA is not our friend. They are not on our side, no matter how graciously they thank us for giving them free access and conducting such a thorough investigation. Both UT and outside counsel warned that complete transparency might not mitigate damages to the degree hoped and might actually give the NCAA evidence of malfeasance they wouldn't have uncovered otherwise-- which it did, and they thanked UT for it in the NOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back