Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't accept more scholarship reductions, or a bowl ban. Maybe some more limits on recruiting itself, depending, but nothing that's going to infinitely harm our program more than it's been harmed.

Offer Pruitt his buyout if he'll turn state's evidence on Bama. He learned to cheat somewhere. He may have been bad at it, but this wasn't his first rodeo.

Just refuse any more sanctions and make the SEC (Sankey) stick by us.

They're trying to hamper our success. We took it on the chin and rebounded strong, and they hate it. Our success on the field is translating to success in recruiting, and others are pissed. Screw them. No more. We've penalized ourselves enough. And Sankey and the rest of the SEC need to understand hurting us more will eat into their profits. It's bad for business. Especially with the expanded playoffs on the horizon.

They're trying to hamper our success. We took it on the chin and rebounded strong, and they hate it. Our success on the field is translating to success in recruiting, and others are pissed. Screw them. No more. We've penalized ourselves enough. And Sankey and the rest of the SEC need to understand hurting us more will eat into their profits. It's bad for business. Especially with the expanded playoffs on the horizon.

They already know. They don't care.

Now what? What's your next move?

I wouldn't accept more scholarship reductions, or a bowl ban. Maybe some more limits on recruiting itself, depending, but nothing that's going to infinitely harm our program more than it's been harmed.

Offer Pruitt his buyout if he'll turn state's evidence on Bama. He learned to cheat somewhere. He may have been bad at it, but this wasn't his first rodeo.

Just refuse any more sanctions and make the SEC (Sankey) stick by us.

I hear you and do agree with the recruiting restrictions but I feel like their issue should be directly with coaching staff that’s no longer here…the university has went completely out of their way complying with the NCAA…if you can black list Hugh freeze what’s the difference with Pruitt and Brian🤔 its apparent that it’s because it’s Tennessee.

a lot of the apps are giving away Indiana

Giving away as in losing?..usually games played at the same time are winners given the last leg is the loser…or vise versa..it’s always the first or last…the money coming in on NC state and Iowa is intriguing…I’m waiting closer to game time.

Side note: watch it be Kansas or Duke lose 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokey19rt
This isn’t a good move, on the AA’s part. Privately, it will get around to other ADs that we were hoodwinked during this process, and that cooperation costs more than it saves.
It’s ludicrous!! And on top of all of that, we fired the ENTIRE STAFF, got the AD responsible for it to “retire”, and told players involved in it that they had to transfer out. We have completely new leadership, new HC and staff, and new players. My word!! What more do you want on top of all the self-imposed sanctions?! We have more than bent over. I hope Randy, Donde, and Danny stand strong that we have done more than enough to pay the penalties for prior administration’s stupidness.

I hope Joe absolutely lights it up.

If joe learns touch on his passes…his arm alone will beat defenses and we will be talking about a top 5 draft pick from the university of tennessee since manning…I truly hope he proves everyone wrong and we go undefeated this year..big fan of joe

There is probably a lot of truth to this.

This isn’t a good move, on the AA’s part. Privately, it will get around to other ADs that we were hoodwinked during this process, and that cooperation costs more than it saves.

It doesn't much matter now. The courts effectively neutered the NCAA a couple of years ago and nobody views them as an enforcement body now. They recently gave Miami a slap on the wrist but did nothing to Ruiz because they knew he'd sue. If the penalties against Miami weren't trivial, they'd probably sue also.

Doubtful the NCAA will do anything else of significance in this case either because they know they're a lame duck and it's not worth fighting in court.

The NCAA has no jurisdiction over ongoing criminal matters. As memory serves, they had no jurisdiction over Penn State's pedo-gate, nor even jurisdiction over North Carolina's fake courses (memory serves that was under the jurisdiction of their accrediting board?).

You seriously expect the NCAA to suspend a player for non-academic criminal issues that he hasn't been charged for?

No, I guess not. Just notating that a school like Alabama had a dude that was heavily involved in some mishap that ended in a murder and he didn't sit a minute and meanwhile AJ Johnson had his collegiate and NFL career affected over something that he was ultimately not found not guilty in. We can debate Miller's innocence but they had a dude involved with a MURDER playing 2 days later and meanwhile, we dismissed a player for WEED a couple years ago smh. I'm envious of the bold way other schools handle these matters while it seems like we take a timeout whenever we overstep anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back