Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao, the only teams that are probably not going to b!tch are Auburn and us, because no scheduling could have been any more difficult since like 1992 😂.. the meltdowns are going to be epic.. oh, and Vanderbilt won’t complain either.. they could not cook up anything harder for any of us lol

Honestly don't hate our 3 permanents...Vandy and Bama are 2 of our top 3 in games played. South Carolina is only 10th on our list, but we're their 3rd most played SEC opponent on their list. Plus I like that the 3 permanent opponents seem to all be taking into account location.

ESPN blowing up every player they can, but not really ANY mention of one of the best overall combine performances ever by a DL by Byron Young. We are hated.
Just because the SEC hates us, watch us get bama, uga, and vandy as our permanent opponents. They're showing that they're willing to do anything to keep us down. We are feared.

6D9B410F-B76E-4371-8F5B-14EE09D9EED0.gif

It's not like tradition played much of a part in those decisions anyway. I'm sure they put all the schools/matchups in an excel spreadsheet that had "TV RATING" and "TOTAL REVENUE" weighted heavily.

Does DW know who Tennessee three permanents are. I assume if Saban got wind of who Bama gets then maybe others have received what there’s are

They're just talking ahead of the spring meetings. The usual process is for the SEC to ask each school their preferences, the schools submit, the conference tries to accommodate, but not everybody gets what they want. It becomes a matter of negotiating with the member schools jockeying to get the most favorable outcome.

The SEC wants to preserve the traditional big rivalries (the moneymakers) and in-state rivalries, which means UT should retain Bama and Vandy. Both UT and UK want to preserve their longstanding border state game (which is UK's biggest "rivalry"), but other schools would scream like banshees if UT got everything we want. So we'll see.

They're just talking ahead of the spring meetings. The usual process is for the SEC to ask each school their preferences, the schools submit, the conference tries to accommodate, but not everybody gets what they want. It becomes a matter of negotiating with the member schools jockeying to get the most favorable outcome.

The SEC wants to preserve the traditional big rivalries (the moneymakers) and in-state rivalries, which means UT should retain Bama and Vandy. Both UT and UK want to preserve their longstanding border state game (which is UK's biggest "rivalry"), but other schools would scream like banshees if UT got everything we want. So we'll see.
I bet Sabans preferences are Vandy, KY, and MO.

But when do we ever get anything we wanted?

It says QBs who he looks up too. Not model his game after. You don’t have to be a running QB to look up to a running QB

I already pointed out in a previous post why it seemed weird.

1. Vick wasn't playing meaningful snaps anymore when CJ hit middle school (how is he looking up to a guy he's not watching play?)
2. CJ was a California kid...seems odd he'd pick a guy who spent his college and professional career on the East Coast

I think CJ picked 2 black QBs that are around his size...

I mean Watson was balling out for 3 seasons while CJ was in HS, so that one makes sense. A bad choice with his recent off the field issues, but if you're asking a kid who he looks up to then at least Watson was actively playing at Clemson/Houston at a time CJ would have been watching.

Just seemed like a weird pick, if CJ was from Georgia or something then I guess it wouldn't have stood out so much to me.

If we do keep Kentucky then the beer barrel needs to come back. Or change it to the whiskey barrel

This suckz. All about the money and is pathetic

Confused... what 3 permanent teams would you want for the Vols?

Personally Bama and Vandy are two I'd say you have to keep...the 3rd one I'd rather it be either Kentucky, South Carolina, or Florida. To me what would suck is if we ended up with Bama, Georgia and some other random west team that we've hardly played.

View attachment 539152Well… Vawls get USCjr instead of Kentucky
That's dumb IMO. I mean, I could live with it, but KY should be our third over SCar. KY is actually a traditional rivalry. SCar just isn't. And it has nothing to do with thinking one would be easier than the other, it's just truth. At one point, KY was a trophy game, until they decided to retire the beer barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back