Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're just talking ahead of the spring meetings. The usual process is for the SEC to ask each school their preferences, the schools submit, the conference tries to accommodate, but not everybody gets what they want. It becomes a matter of negotiating with the member schools jockeying to get the most favorable outcome.

The SEC wants to preserve the traditional big rivalries (the moneymakers) and in-state rivalries, which means UT should retain Bama and Vandy. Both UT and UK want to preserve their longstanding border state game (which is UK's biggest "rivalry"), but other schools would scream like banshees if UT got everything we want. So we'll see.

You know everyone is picking Vandy as one of their three.

Honestly don't hate our 3 permanents...Vandy and Bama are 2 of our top 3 in games played. South Carolina is only 10th on our list, but we're their 3rd most played SEC opponent on their list. Plus I like that the 3 permanent opponents seem to all be taking into account location.
If that is true, we finally have a schedule that isn't the hardest in the country. It's about time.

Pretty sure SCAR wanted UT. UT-SCAR games have been closely played with a lot of tension and drama, while UT-UK has been a very lopsided series. Not surprising the SEC would see more value in keeping UT-SCAR, especially with last year's high-stakes game top of mind.
Just allows us to get Beamer canned when we hang 80 on them multiple years in a row.

He should fear the wrath of Heupel.

Absolutely. UK was probably a popular choice, too. More sausagemaking to come so we'll see how it all shakes out.
I would think SCar and Mizzou would be popular choices as well. Personally, I think UK is a better team than both of those based on the last 5-6 years.

he's kind of walking it back now. Click bait. I bet it's 85% accurate.

I would be interested in hearing this theory

While Texas and Oklahoma have reshuffled the hierarchy deck a bit, most within the conference would consider the top half Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Georgia and Florida. The bottom would be Tennessee (in many ways, the Vols are caught between the two), South Carolina, Arkansas, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Missouri.

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 2.39.01 PM.png

So in terms of point guard who will we turn to?..Edwards or vescovi

Key, Santi, Mashack, & JJJ will all be running the point. At this point I feel like if BJ was capable or trusted we would have seen him more.

The good news Mashack ran a lot of the point in HS, just hasn't been asked to do it here with KC/ZZ the last 2 seasons.

While Texas and Oklahoma have reshuffled the hierarchy deck a bit, most within the conference would consider the top half Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Georgia and Florida. The bottom would be Tennessee (in many ways, the Vols are caught between the two), South Carolina, Arkansas, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Missouri.

excuse-me-ryan-gosling.gif

View attachment 539164
How would auburn be top half and Tennessee in the bottom half? Lol

View attachment 539164
Is that your opinion or someone else's stupidity?

Confused... what 3 permanent teams would you want for the Vols?

Personally Bama and Vandy are two I'd say you have to keep...the 3rd one I'd rather it be either Kentucky, South Carolina, or Florida. To me what would suck is if we ended up with Bama, Georgia and some other random west team that we've hardly played.

The entire realignment sucks.

Better question is how is A&M or Texas considered top half over Tennessee.

A&M has had 1 10 win seasons since 1998 and that was a decade ago in 2012.
Tennessee has had 5 and the most recent just happened.

Texas has only had 1 10 win season since 2009 and they'll be jumping into a far tougher conference.

Auburn is also questionable, but they did win the title in 2010 and went 14-0. They also made the BCS title game in 2013 with Gus and have seen a 10 win seasons since then in 2017. Far more qualified to be in the top half over Texas or A&M IMO.

We are undoubtedly a better program than either A&M or Auburn.

1677872716739.png

1677872758066.png

NEW POWERS: LSU and UGA. Have the best two decades in their program's history while we have our worst, and we're still very similar to both in many ways.

1677872807494.png

1677872906985.png

same thing with Florida (we're black here for some reason)
1677872958808.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back