Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's still insane speed, but I think he's faster than that. . . considering everyone seems to be getting slower time than they usually get.
Now that they have these advanced stats and the technology to support it, they should have the receivers run like 4-5 routes, one of them being a go, and clock their top mph and things like that. You know when they show the Tyreek Hill tracker and have him hitting 23mph and stuff like that? I'd rather see that kind of stuff in the combine.

I underSTOOD. Now I’m second guessing. He’s plenty fast and explosive, but he extensively trained to run a 4.2. Now that lost chance to set the receiving record seems wasted.
I think it was more about PROTECTING his draft stock instead of IMPROVING it. He didn't want to get injured after the season he put on film. Going back to his offseason comments, 2022 was always about positioning him to go pro.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I underSTOOD. Now I’m second guessing. He’s plenty fast and explosive, but he extensively trained to run a 4.2. Now that lost chance to set the receiving record seems wasted.
Having that record would be more impressive, imo. . . considering he ran 4.41.

I think it was more about PROTECTING his draft stock instead of IMPROVING it. He didn't want to get injured after the season he put on film. Going back to his offseason comments, 2022 was always about positioning him to go pro.
I understand that reasoning but when you put out a statement that you’re forgoing the bowl game “to prepare for the draft” and barely best the 40 time of a DL who played in the game? There’s an undeniable aspect of failure involved.

I understand that reasoning but when you put out a statement that you’re forgoing the bowl game “to prepare for the draft” and barely best the 40 time of a DL who played in the game? There’s an undeniable aspect of failure involved.
you know there's more to the combine that the 40 yard dash, right?

I’m too busy to watch the Tennessee basketball game today but here is my hot, early game take:

We’ve been a bad road team all year, and I doubt we get better without Zakai there

I still don’t think being a bad road team has a bearing on how we will perform on neutral sites in the tourney. Losing Zakai will play a role though…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back