Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I heard today that I hadnt thought of, the NCAA needs to follow the NBA's lead on off ball fouls. Allow guys to cut without being grabbed, held etc.... The NBA made it a point a few years ago, but the NCAA ignores it. I think it would help a lot of teams if they allowed guys to cut more freely.

The NCAA said they were adopting freedom of movement several years ago to help scoring. It was in name only and apparently never implemented.

While I love Pistol Pete...I remember watching his movie as a kid and was mesmerized...and it's also understated how many rebounds and assists he had too...

He did shoot the ball THIRTY EIGHT times a game. Let's be real for a moment, that's absurd lol. For reference, Drew Pember holds this season's record on 48 points. He attempted 24 shots. Granted, he had the luxury of a 3 pt line. But still...what if he had taken 38 shots?!

Pete was a college career 42% shooter. That's really solid. But I'm not sure how efficient that is vs say a big man. For reference - Santi is a 40% career shooter, while shooting a lot of 3s. Chandler was 46% last year while shooting more 2s.

Now, it's hard to even imagine how a 3 pt line could have changed his stats in a positive way. LSU went 14-12, 13-13, and 22-10 in his 3 seasons.
I wonder if his dad ran a few plays for him.

Reactions: volbeast33
The NCAA said they were adopting freedom of movement several years ago to help scoring. It was in name only and apparently never implemented.
Its so bad. They completely changed how things were called in the post, Grant was excellent at getting calls, that now I dont think he would get, but on cutters and screens they let teams get away with everything.

This team stinks. Didn't feel right early in the year and it's showing now. Hoping they get hot shooting for the tourneys but these dudes just can't ball.
Idiot comment...total freakin idiot comment...if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and comments like a duck...🤷‍♂️

Have a nice life...I will not be seeing your stupidity anymore.🙋‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back