Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve looked beatable in recent weeks. Still, tough draw

I saw this is the first time since 2016-2017 Tennessee didn’t earn a double-bye. I think injuries played a big part in that. Rarely fielded a completely healthy team and certainly don’t have one now.

Some really fun wins this year though (Kansas, Texas, Bama), and a chance for some more.

Go Vols!

We didn’t have a double bye when the pandemic canceled it. We were about to play Bama that night in a Thursday night game.

I know this is going to go over like a lead balloon but I sit my veterans, give the young guys a chance and some experience. Give those veterans more time to heal up. We're not winning the tournament. The deck is stacked against us. Maybe we'll get more of a fair chance in the big dance.
Eh, I actually dont toatally hate the draw First game should be an easy win. Second game is a re match against a Mizzou team (assuming they win) who won on a lucky shot. Third is against a Bama team that has started to come to earth recently. Dont expect it, but a finals run isnt impossible.
However I could see this team only having 2 more games left this season.
Honestly nothing would suprise me with this team at this point, except an EE run, I really dont see that. S16 maybeeeeeeeeee

Eh, I actually dont toatally hate the draw First game should be an easy win. Second game is a re match against a Mizzou team (assuming they win) who won on a lucky shot. Third is against a Bama team that has started to come to earth recently. Dont expect it, but a finals run isnt impossible.
However I could see this team only having 2 more games left this season.
Honestly nothing would suprise me with this team at this point, except an EE run, I really dont see that. S16 maybeeeeeeeeee
There isn't a team in the SEC that will be easy if the SEC decides they would rather the other team win. Screw the corrupt SEC.

There isn't a team in the SEC that will be easy if the SEC decides they would rather the other team win. Screw the corrupt SEC.
Sure at times the SEC could rigg games, but honestly TN hasnt lost a game this year that wasnt because of TN. Before anyone goes but the refs... CBB refs are trash everywhere.
However there is usually one consistent theme, the more aggressive team gets more calls. We settle for midrange jumpers while our opponents attack the rim.

As an entertainer of conspiracies, and a curious person by nature, I'll ask...

Can you tell me why the SEC has it out for us in particular? To the point that the refs obviously have the memo to unproportionately make calls against us consistently?

Last edited:
I agree with ideas to make officiating better and more accountability…. The problem is that it won’t fix anything in fans eyes…. There is rarely a time when a team struggles that the fanbase doesn’t blame it on the officials….. especially if their team has been called for more fouls.
The officiating is not always against us, there's times we get the "halo" for the game.

I'm talking about the times, when it is obvious the refs get involved to swing a game, in any sport. In basketball, refs can slow a game down and that takes the home crowd out of it or cools off a hot shooting road team. They call excessive fouls on key players and let one team play more aggressive. It's uncommon to have an evenly officiated game, especially during conference play and games against out of conference "blue bloods"

Sure at times the SEC could rigg games, but honestly TN hasnt lost a game this year that wasnt because of TN. Before anyone goes but the refs... CBB refs are trash everywhere.
However there is usually one consistent theme, the more aggressive team gets more calls. We settle for midrange jumpers while our opponents attack the rim.

The home team gets more calls. Every home team except Mizzou shot more FT’s in the SEC today. Some were close. In other games, Marquette, Michigan State, West Virginia, OU, Texas, VTech all shot more FT’s as home teams. Several of these needed wins or was a big win.

It’s been a bad product for quite a while now, and no one with authority cares.

Nah, today's game is classic example. First half was pretty even. Second have was call everything on us, and nothing on them. Sure we don't drive to the basket much. Why? Because we get hammered and no calls. Key was fouled both times when he went into the lane when he made baskets, both no calls. Where was our best driver? On the bench in foul trouble.

The home team gets more calls. Every home team except Mizzou shot more FT’s in the SEC today. Some were close. In other games, Marquette, Michigan State, West Virginia, OU, Texas, VTech all shot more FT’s as home teams. Several of these needed wins or was a big win.

It’s been a bad product for quite a while now, and no one with authority cares.
Something I heard today that I hadnt thought of, the NCAA needs to follow the NBA's lead on off ball fouls. Allow guys to cut without being grabbed, held etc.... The NBA made it a point a few years ago, but the NCAA ignores it. I think it would help a lot of teams if they allowed guys to cut more freely.

Nah, today's game is classic example. First half was pretty even. Second have was call everything on us, and nothing on them. Sure we don't drive to the basket much. Why? Because we get hammered and no calls. Key was fouled both times when he went into the lane when he made baskets, both no calls. Where was our best driver? On the bench in foul trouble.
We lost because we didnt have ZZ to contain Green, but continue on with the conspiracy theories.

As an entertainer of conspiracies, and a curious person by nature, I'll ask...

Can you tell me why the SEC has it out for us in particular? To the point that the refs obviously have the memo to unproportionately make calls against us consistently?
Look at every game we've been screwed. The other team needed a quad 1 win. KY wasn't even a tournament team until they came to Knoxville. Every one they needed a win

We lost because we didnt have ZZ to contain Green, but continue on with the conspiracy theories.
Hey, you believe what you want. Lots of conspiracy theories have been proven right over the last couple of years. I seriously can't believe people put so much faith in Birmingham. It absolutely baffles me.

Legally, that's certainly one concern that ran through my mind, but honestly not sure how it works with SCs or how he was allowed to enter if he brought it in (if not allowed). Legal issue at that point.
Breaking the law becomes a career issue and personal issue. Especially when there are multiple allegations of violence against him currently, it's definitely tone deaf at the very least. You think Nike and other sponsors are going to drown him in money if he keeps acting like this?

Hey, you believe what you want. Lots of conspiracy theories have been proven right over the last couple of years. I seriously can't believe people put so much faith in Birmingham. It absolutely baffles me.
If it ever came out that things were rigged for any sporting association they would be sued in oblivion. They have wayyyyyyyyy too much to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back