Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we'll see outrage over the Florida team and fans acting like this?

I’ve seen many on Twitter saying “Beck’s was on a double and this guy’s was a home run off a guy who’d been talking **** all game.”

As if GT wasn’t talking **** all game and Beck’s double didn’t give us the lead in a ****ing regional

I’ve seen many on Twitter saying “Beck’s was on a double and this guy’s was a home run off a guy who’d been talking **** all game.”

As if GT wasn’t talking **** all game and Beck’s double didn’t give us the lead in a ****ing regional
Uh oh! Losers have taken over the internet again!

I will try it…. His bast speed has improved a lot in the past 6 months but always working to improve it.

I think I might have figured out the problem. Get him a good bat. Have him quit using the bast to hit with.

Bast fibers are great to weave into cordage, but I doubt it makes for an effective bat…

A Bast(et) statue also not likely to be a good bat…

😇

Idk Rudy, are you knew to Tennessee basketball? Making the NCAA tournament is not stinking. Plenty of Tennessee teams didn't make the NIT.
Based on our history, making the NCAA tournament at Tennessee is the sign of an OK team. Sweet 16 is a very good team, Elite 8. . . Elite.

Barnes has moved the bar and I always go to bat for him for doing so. I watched a lot of bad teams, especially under Cuonzo and Donnie. This team kinda stinks though. That's my opinion based on watching. They can't ball.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
That’s college basketball, if you’ve been paying attention. They should have 2 less losses from the last second shots in the Vandy and Mizzou games. That would be 24-7 and a very good regular season. Everyone should have taken it.

They have some talent that still needs development, and the hope was that the veterans could take over a game late on offense, which hasn’t quite happened.

I will be here to remind folks some day that some posters were disappointed and thought we stunk in a year where we go 22-9 and beat 3 top 10 teams.

Barnes has moved the bar. If Alabama or Georgia win 9 games next year they'd say their team stunk. I am always complimentary of CRB for moving the bar and I always go to bat for him. This team is uninspiring and they kinda stink when you actually watch them. I know they're great defensively but they cannot ball.

If I were a real douche, I would say "We beat 3 top 10 teams and went 22-9, hang the banner". But I won't say that.

You're calling a top ranked team a "bad" team. That's the problem. Why do you have a fetish with being overly negative and pessimistic about the teams you love to root for?

Not being the best TN team in history doesn't make them bad. Not being "fun" to watch doesn't make them bad. But they're OBJECTIVELY a good team and one of the better teams we've ever had.

You don't have to have a "baller" to be a good team and having a "baller" doesn't make a team good. Anthony Edwards at Georgia played on a bad team for example. These Vols might not have the most raw talent but they essentially play at the extent of their ability through discipline, effort, and teamwork every game. They give the most out of themselves and define "Give Your All For Tennessee" and your decision is to sh*t on them literally all the time.

I really don't think I've said anything bad about them on here ever. The beginning of the year felt a bit fluky and now they're dropping games left and right. I like the team but for the CRB era, this will be a forgettable year barring a tourney run. The difference is for admiral/grant and KC's year we were hopeful to go to a final 4 and compete to win the whole thing. Most people look at this team and think a sweet 16 is their peak. I compared it to Alabama/Georgia winning 9 games next year. Of course that that team doesn't "stink" and they'd be top 25 most of the year, which most other schools would kill for. Georgia/Bama fans would say their team stunk that year.

I really don't think I've said anything bad about them on here ever. The beginning of the year felt a bit fluky and now they're dropping games left and right. I like the team but for the CRB era, this will be a forgettable year barring a tourney run. The difference is for admiral/grant and KC's year we were hopeful to go to a final 4 and compete to win the whole thing. Most people look at this team and think a sweet 16 is their peak. I compared it to Alabama/Georgia winning 9 games next year. Of course that that team doesn't "stink" and they'd be top 25 most of the year, which most other schools would kill for. Georgia/Bama fans would say their team stunk that year.
I get it…….but no way you can compare UT basketball to Bama/Georgia football

My son played a baseball tournament today….. went 2-4 today and hit one over the center fielders head…. He does really good against the pitchers in the 50-59 range…. When he faces more elite pitchers in the 65-70 plus range like he did today… he struggles more…. Is there any drills that anyone has tried that help speed up the decision making/timing. Also…. Has anyone ever tried the virtual reality hitting on the oculus and did it help with decision making/timing?
Have him face someone throwing 75-80 and then all of a sudden that 65-70 looks like a beach ball.

If someone wanted to play the long game on building amazing garden soil, they could put down about 16" deep of tree service wood chips (that include leafy branches in the chipping). Let that sit, allow sheet composting for a season or two, and then plant into it.

If you want to go no-till, top it with several inches as mulch every year. Prevent weeds, retains moisture and the constant sheet composting keeps a source of soil building action going on. (feeds the soil life as well.)
Agreed and recommended. I'd definitely let it age.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back