Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're 3-10 when the other team scores over 60.. 20-0 when we hold em under.. so if you want a # to watch for next week. That's it..

Aint gonna win many games letting 2 dudes beat you for 20+ points each and letting em shoot 60% from the floor. Ridiculous.

Games won when they scored over 60..

USC won in OT
Vanderbilt @Home won by 9
Texas won by 11

Last edited:
This team has that same gusto that NBA teams have when they're down 3-1 in a playoff series and everyone is joking how the players are just ready to go to Cancun.

Was this team really that talented after all?

While I like the team and Barnes and am fine with where the program is, this is a fair question to ask. Somehow the hype got ahead of them this year. There aren’t any NBA lottery picks on this squad. They are just experienced veteran college players, but somehow folks built them up to be more talented than they are and I think that led to much of the fan angst. Fans thought we were loaded and Barnes was holding the team back. I don’t think that’s the case. I’m not shifting any blame here - just saying this was a quality team that has been overhyped. Injuries have not helped.

Hope we can have a fun showing in the tournament. Just need ZZ to get healthy and focus on next year.

Tennessee will need to hit on a couple of transfers this off-season to get to where they want to be. Most importantly, a true point guard. A couple of these guys shouldn't have ever played at Tennessee, let alone getting a lot of game time minutes. I'm really surprised that they accomplished as much as they did this season. Even when totally healthy; this isn't a final four caliber team.

Reactions: screenthis
Check who was playing for them in December- if I recall correctly, we were largely healthy.

We rarely had a full, healthy squad the last two months. But such is life in sports!

Agree but it seems like nobody says that when the LV lose. Harper has been without her best player for the majority of the season yet Vol fans have dragged her name through the mud. And oh she made it to the SECCG. But Gid forbid anyone say anything negative about Barnes.

Reactions: barrylee
Tennessee will need to hit on a couple of transfers this off-season to get to where they want to be. Most importantly, a true point guard. A couple of these guys shouldn't have ever played at Tennessee, let alone getting a lot of game time minutes. I'm really surprised that they accomplished as much as they did this season. Even when totally healthy; this isn't a final four caliber team.

Why is it that Barnes has so much trouble V landing elite guys at positions of need??

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back