Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about the (potential) Duke matchup, the more positives I see.

Reminds me of facing ACC champs, recent title winners, Clemson. Didn't feel great going into it...slight underdogs...but we saw a great opportunity and took it. Down our best player too.

If we lose, no shame...Duke on a 12 game winning streak, conference champs...undoubtedly will be seen as the favorites going in. But win, and it's a great stamp on the season and we play on.
Duke may not make it to the 2nd round, no joke.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Yes - and a lot of players from these Latin American countries play winter ball, so they are in midseason form.

The 2017 USA team had less star power, if I recall, but more up and comers who were there to prove themselves. That might be the right formula for the US - load up on top prospects, with a few veterans sprinkled in.

Like we were saying

1678769180273.jpeg

@SmokinBob here's a comparison between the Florida cottonmouth and the Southern watersnake. They're often mistaken for each other. You have both of these in North Florida. Note the watersnake is flattening it's head to mimic a dangerous snake. Easiest way to tell the difference if you're just learning is that watersnakes have vertical bars on their mouths and the cottonmouth has a "Zorro" mask across it's face/eye like a raccoon.

View attachment 540776
Thanks - I’ll know better next time! There are small children next door and I convinced Mr Smokin to wait and wait hoping to hear from you. When it went into the water, head out and body on top, that was the end of the waiting! (He hates snakes and will be seeing him in his sleep for a week!)\

PS - I appreciate all the replies!

Who doesn’t love Ted Lasso? Life lessons from one of the best scenes in any sports-related show ever:

That first season was so good, and that scene was 👌🏻🎯 Didn’t think season 2 was quite as good though still very enjoyable. Here’s to hoping the 3rd and final season puts a cherry on top of the series.

GET ESPN+
Giant Killers' 10 most likely first-round upsets in March Madness 2023 bracket
Mar 12, 2023
  • John Gasaway and Matt Eisenberg
Who's ready to pick some upsets?
Now that we know the field for the 2023 men's college basketball tournament, you're trying to find that 12-over-5 upset that everyone just knows is coming. If you're like us, you'd also like some numbers to support that hunch.
Giant Killers is here for you. Back for a downright Boeheim-like 17th consecutive NCAA tournament, Giant Killers is our probabilistic forecast for March upsets.
You can read all about the details if you wish, but the idea is fairly straightforward. Giant Killers starts with a base probability of an upset from ESPN's College Basketball Power Index and adds the strengths, weaknesses and styles of the two teams in each matchup.
ADVERTISEMENT

As always, Giant Killers considers only matchups with at least a five-seed line differential (so, a No. 11 over a No. 6 in the first round, for example).
We know there will be upsets. Our model is here to try to spot them in advance.
Here are Giant Killers' top 10 most likely upsets of the first round.
ESPN +
Continue reading this article and more from top writers, for only $9.99/mo.
Continue Reading
Already an ESPN+ subscriber? Log in here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back