Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right there is it. It's the "this is baseball" mentality. Old heads running the sport into irrelevance compared to others because it used to be sold as America sport back in the day.
I have zero tolerance. Paying athletes outrageous salaries, driving people to games with black outs, headscratching decisions to speed up/slow down game. Its garbage time.

I love my Braves. But man, Ill watch CBB, no thanks. Its too diff of a relationship.

So was it the coaches fault that Michigan shot poorly their next game?
I think it is a credit to Villanova’s staff with the way they defended Michigan compared to us. Do you not think Rick Barnes deserves credit for how he had us playing defense earlier this year?

Reactions: SoilVol
Dickerson only made 21 threes all last season.
He wasn’t vescovi…. He is a good 3 point shooter as a center as shown by averaging 2 apg last year…. If we guarded him instead of dropping him off him…. He never would have gotten comfortable…. We let him get to any spot on the court that he wanted to get too.

Baseball also actively fought against having its product all over social media and thus, missed that bus completely in the early days of SM. Lost the majority of a generation based on that decision alone.
Chased down fans making highlight videos…wonder why young people aren’t more into it.

'Titans are giving their three future first round draft picks to trade up to take...TE Bill Miller from Anchorage Day School.'

'The titans needed a qb but opt for a TE, after signing 3 in last years draft. That is a head scratcher.'

Titans football 🤣🤣 front office is horrible…I remember watching the draft 3 years in a row and all three years they took someone on the defensive side of the ball and all 3 came from Texas…I was like dude why? 😅

Last edited:
Mr. @SmokinBob did the right thing. Snakes shouldn't be playing tricks like that.

*It looked wide enough to be a cotton mouth to me
I'd still argue as a general rule, if you don't know what it is, leave it the heck alone. The vast majority (something like 90%) of snakebites happen when the person is trying to catch or kill a snake. The safest thing to do is leave it alone, you probably won't see it again anyway.

Thanks - I’ll know better next time! There are small children next door and I convinced Mr Smokin to wait and wait hoping to hear from you. When it went into the water, head out and body on top, that was the end of the waiting! (He hates snakes and will be seeing him in his sleep for a week!)\

PS - I appreciate all the replies!
Sorry for the late reply on that. Busy day yesterday. In the future, you can post to the Tennessee or Florida snake ID page(s) on Facebook and get a quick reply from an expert.

I have zero tolerance. Paying athletes outrageous salaries, driving people to games with black outs, headscratching decisions to speed up/slow down game. Its garbage time.

I love my Braves. But man, Ill watch CBB, no thanks. Its too diff of a relationship.
I don't watch any MLB. Can't become a fan of anything.

I think it is a credit to Villanova’s staff with the way they defended Michigan compared to us. Do you not think Rick Barnes deserves credit for how he had us playing defense earlier this year?
I do, but you seem hellbent on blaming Barnes for cold shooting nights and ok with giving an opposing teams coach a pass. How did we shoot the game before Michigan? How did TN play against Longwood? Does Barnes get credit for that?

I do, but you seem hellbent on blaming Barnes for cold shooting nights and ok with giving an opposing teams coach a pass. How did we shoot the game before Michigan? How did TN play against Longwood? Does Barnes get credit for that?
No...Beast is a passive aggressive RB hater and always has been. Quick to criticize and only grudgingly compliments...dead giveaway.

@Enki_Amenra you thinking of maybe 8 or 9pm, posting picks for Thurs and then same on Friday?

I have been watching and listening to you as well some others
I'll probably post a long parlay that has all my picks in it. I wouldn't duplicate the parlay unless it's just a dollar, the huge parlays rarely hit. But you can see what I think for each game and see if you feel the same. Maybe make a few different parlays from the picks you agree with.

Also, we've been posting them in the betting thread in the pub, to keep it out of here a bit.

I posted a bracket over there I think has some good ML picks on it.

Last edited:
GET ESPN+
Giant Killers' 10 most likely first-round upsets in March Madness 2023 bracket
Mar 12, 2023
  • John Gasaway and Matt Eisenberg
Who's ready to pick some upsets?
Now that we know the field for the 2023 men's college basketball tournament, you're trying to find that 12-over-5 upset that everyone just knows is coming. If you're like us, you'd also like some numbers to support that hunch.
Giant Killers is here for you. Back for a downright Boeheim-like 17th consecutive NCAA tournament, Giant Killers is our probabilistic forecast for March upsets.
You can read all about the details if you wish, but the idea is fairly straightforward. Giant Killers starts with a base probability of an upset from ESPN's College Basketball Power Index and adds the strengths, weaknesses and styles of the two teams in each matchup.
ADVERTISEMENT

As always, Giant Killers considers only matchups with at least a five-seed line differential (so, a No. 11 over a No. 6 in the first round, for example).
We know there will be upsets. Our model is here to try to spot them in advance.
Here are Giant Killers' top 10 most likely upsets of the first round.
ESPN +
Continue reading this article and more from top writers, for only $9.99/mo.
Continue Reading
Already an ESPN+ subscriber? Log in here.

🤦‍♂️

Reactions: drvenner
Rick is who he is. A solid coach that’ll get your program to the tournament. Don’t expect much in march as he’s coached in over 50 tournament games and has a losing record. Great person but isn’t the cream of the crop obviously. High floor low ceiling situation basically. Usually you can’t fire someone like that you’ll just have to wait until it gets so obvious then “retirement” is on its way. Think of Mark Richt and Kirby Smart.

No...Beast is a passive aggressive RB hater and always has been. Quick to criticize and only grudgingly compliments...dead giveaway.
No….. I love Rick Barnes and feel he is great for the University…. It doesn’t change the fact that you get judged by how you do in the tourney… He is below .500 and on every list for poor performance during March Madness.

Who doesn’t love Ted Lasso? Life lessons from one of the best scenes in any sports-related show ever:

Absolutely my favorite scene. So much fun to put the smug condescending bastard in his place.

That was the essence of Tennessee football this past season.
Just wait…more to come!

15-0 🤠

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back