Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, but you seem hellbent on blaming Barnes for cold shooting nights and ok with giving an opposing teams coach a pass. How did we shoot the game before Michigan? How did TN play against Longwood? Does Barnes get credit for that?
It was the Longwood Lancers…. Favored by 18 and should have been more…. I don’t think he has done a very good job during March Madness and I feel his history shows that…. Hope we can go on a run this year!!!

Rick is who he is. A solid coach that’ll get your program to the tournament. Don’t expect much in march as he’s coached in over 50 tournament games and has a losing record. Great person but isn’t the cream of the crop obviously. High floor low ceiling situation basically. Usually you can’t fire someone like that you’ll just have to wait until it gets so obvious then “retirement” is on its way. Think of Mark Richt and Kirby Smart.
He’s the Mark Richt of CBB

No….. I love Rick Barnes and feel he is great for the University…. It doesn’t change the fact that you get judged by how you do in the tourney… He is below .500 and on every list for poor performance during March Madness.
Unlike you...I actually consider what happened in those games. IMO Rick Barnes is just purely unlucky...I don't think it has a single thing to do with his coaching.

He is the most snakebit postseason coach in basketball. If people wanna disparage him for that...I think it's stupid.

Take last year...comes in on a massive hot streak and the whole f'n team goes ice cold at the same time....that is not coaching, it is bad luck.

I have a bad feeling we are going to miss him really badly once he is gone. Unlike the stupid-ass haters I remember the complete utter hopelessness that I felt after the Pearl-Counzo-Tyndall debacle. Good coaches don't fall out of trees but by gosh one sure as hell fell in our lap when we needed him most.

I hope Rick Barnes wins big at least once just to shut up the stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back