Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

who are these idiots that they crown as experts? there's no doubt that this is already happening.

It would be nice if NIL would've helped, but it may make it worse. Kids that aren't getting paid or kids who spent their cash and want more + all the new sportbooks opened over the past few years. I agree with you. I'm certain this is happening, probably at a shockingly large number of places.

Unlike you...I actually consider what happened in those games. IMO Rick Barnes is just purely unlucky...I don't think it has a single thing to do with his coaching.

He is the most snakebit postseason coach in basketball. If people wanna disparage him for that...I think it's stupid.

Take last year...comes in on a massive hot streak and the whole f'n team goes ice cold at the same time....that is not coaching, it is bad luck.

I have a bad feeling we are going to miss him really badly once he is gone. Unlike the stupid-ass haters I remember the complete utter hopelessness that I felt after the Pearl-Counzo-Tyndall debacle. Good coaches don't fall out of trees but by gosh one sure as hell fell in our lap when we needed him most.

I hope Rick Barnes wins big at least once just to shut up the stupidity.

I agree, to some extent, that great coaches make their own luck, and there is a point where it is likely coaching instead of luck.

...however...

My personal values are such that I would rather have a good coach who is a great man, even if that limits the success of the program (somewhat), rather than a great coach who is a terrible person. I am not a fan of the "win at all costs" mentality, and I would take great issue with our AD if he started hiring that way.

Going all in for Will Levis!!
kramer-out.gif

I'd still argue as a general rule, if you don't know what it is, leave it the heck alone. The vast majority (something like 90%) of snakebites happen when the person is trying to catch or kill a snake. The safest thing to do is leave it alone, you probably won't see it again anyway.
You’re right - that works in the woods and what I think he would’ve done…but with all the kids running around, he really didn’t want to take a chance on a curious child getting bitten by a poisonous snake. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You’re right - that works in the woods and what I think he would’ve done…but with all the kids running around, he really didn’t want to take a chance on a curious child getting bitten by a poisonous snake. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Missed out on an important teaching lesson, IMO

It was the Longwood Lancers…. Favored by 18 and should have been more…. I don’t think he has done a very good job during March Madness and I feel his history shows that…. Hope we can go on a run this year!!!
Rick Barnes has us back in the NCAA tourney this year. What seed is Michigan? They are a 2 seed in the NIT. We have battled injury issues all year, down our starting point guard, and JJJ is still dealing with his knee. Yet, we are still a 4 seed in the tournament that counts. You may want to pile on Barnes and blame him, but I think he has done an incredible job here on the whole. Of course he isn’t exempt from scrutiny and I’m sure even he would prefer to have a better March record. But, the goal is still the same year in and year out, get to the dance and hope to go on a run. Luckily Barnes consistently gets us here for that opportunity.

Hearing grumblings of a blackbuster trade involving Derek Henry. Could be an interesting 24-36 hours in free agency.

Is this a weird thing to say? You come on a free message board and say something like I am hearing stuff. Just say what you heard and then get made fun of like we all do.

Rick Barnes has us back in the NCAA tourney this year. What seed is Michigan? They are a 2 seed in the NIT. We have battled injury issues all year, down our starting point guard, and JJJ is still dealing with his knee. Yet, we are still a 4 seed in the tournament that counts. You may want to pile on Barnes and blame him, but I think he has done an incredible job here on the whole. Of course he isn’t exempt from scrutiny and I’m sure even he would prefer to have a better March record. But, the goal is still the same year in and year out, get to the dance and hope to go on a run. Luckily Barnes consistently gets us here for that opportunity.

I agree and if I were a betting person, I'm betting that Danny White agrees as well. If fully healthy through the year, this team would likely be a 1 or 2 seed and make a deeper run. Also agree that it's fair to knock him for poor performances in the tournament. Now, let's go get another five star, have Phillips come back, and see where we go next year.

Missed out on an important teaching lesson, IMO
If the kids were my kids and at my house. We have neighbors around us with kids - 3 on one side, two next door to them, etc. All were at school and we can’t control when the snake will decide to make an appearance and what adults will be outside when it does.

My kids were raised in the “country” and had lots of teaching opportunities growing up. The kids in our neighborhood may or may not have been taught how to behave around snakes.

PS - one of the things I was taught and passed on to my kids was what I now know was a mistaken “fact” about how poisonous snakes swim - so I learned something new. It’s a good day when one can learn something new!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back