Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said this before: many of the portal players are running from something. Some are lazy, some are complainers. Our coaches have to careful, especially since we have been rebuilding the culture at UT. Many coaches are desperate and will take anyone.
I talked to a coach tonight about a player who just transferred to a SEC school. Coach has watched him practice for two years. Player looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Lazy and soft.
The real good players are not entering portal until they have worked back channels with teams. Our day will come.

Who do you think it would be? I see a surprise at regular signing being more likely.
The mostly likely candidate would be tausilli Akania I know I spelled it wrong but he’s had interest in us still isn’t committed and his top crystal balls is Oklahoma which is a dumpster fire. I don’t think we get this kid is just the most interesting for defensive line prospects.

I heard tonight about two possible changes for college football staffs.
1. Do away with Grad Assistants - instead allow schools to pay them similar to Analyst/ Quality Control with option to take Grad classes - beginner level for young coaches without grad school requirement
2. QC will be allowed to be on field coaches. Many schools already do this, but technically this is not allowed. Very hard to regulate. This would be more experienced coaches.

I think they will still only allow position coaches and HC to travel for recruiting.

I heard tonight about two possible changes for college football staffs.
1. Do away with Grad Assistants - instead allow schools to pay them similar to Analyst/ Quality Control with option to take Grad classes
2. QC will be allowed to be on field coaches. Many schools already do this, but technically this is not allowed. Very hard to regulate
Live look at Saban losing his “advantage.”

1671420485030.gif

@KingNico @MetalVolunteer @insiders

Should we suspect any surprises for the ESP? Are we eventually going to make some waves in the transfer portal?

Our defense obviously needs help, but I guess my hope we would find it in the portal was misplaced.

I don't feel as excited as I thought I would be going into this week. I love our class. I loved it more with Sylvester Smith, but I still love this class. But I don't feel like we get any surprises this week, so I just don't have that eager anticipation I thought I would. I hope I'm wrong and we do get some good surprises. No more bad surprises.

I have said this before: many of the portal players are running from something. Some are lazy, some are complainers. Our coaches have to careful, especially since we have been rebuilding the culture at UT. Many coaches are desperate and will take anyone.
I talked to a coach tonight about a player who just transferred to a SEC school. Coach has watched him practice for two years. Player looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Lazy and soft.
The real good players are not entering portal until they have worked back channels with teams. Our day will come.
This is not going to be popular, but it’s spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back