Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cruise vs Will Smith on top of Burj Khalifa

tom-cruise-sitting-casually-on-burj-khalifa-vs-will-smith-v0-glyi5t59jl6a1.jpg

😂😂 more proof Braves fans feel it😂 that was one player you all stressed last year that you didn’t want to lose.
Shows how much you actually followed us. 😏 Wanted to retain him but he’s not a $25 mil per year player. Cubs got a good one, but they need a lot more. Difference in wanting to keep vs STRESS. Lot more built up in certain Dodgers minds over our roster than reasonable Braves fans.

2nd string OT is a big boom?
Worst case, he's depth on the line.
Mid case, he competes for a starting job and pushes others to play better.
Best case, he's a starter.

What's not to like?

"I really like his ceiling,"

"He probably needed a change of scenery. I don't know what Tennessee looks for in their guys — if they like the big, oversized guys or what they want up front. I think he's, best case, a right tackle or an interior guy.

"If you want a little bit of quickness on the interior, he's kind of your guy there. I do think, though, he is at the point where it's kind of now or never for him, as far as his development."

"I always thought right tackle was the spot for him,"

"He got forced into playing left at Texas, and it just didn't work out as well with him. But I think he's more of a natural right tackle, probably, (or), depending on where he is from a strength (standpoint), a guard at the best-case scenario."

"He got to play early his freshman year,"

"Was a guy that always needed to build size coming out of high school, but his technique was really nasty, really athletic, and so (they) got him on the field early. He struggled a little bit at left tackle, just because he was still kind of growing. But then, when Sark came in, they prioritized big, big bodies on the offensive line, and Karic's just not that. He was still 300 at the time and still trying to add to that frame.

"I thought he kind of got lost in the rotation a little bit. But they really figured out a way to get him on the field this year by basically making him a tight end to block only. He wore, like, number 92 or something and then would just put him in on run downs and just basically add an extra lineman. They figured out how to utilize him that way.

"I think, at his best, he's really athletic. He's a really good finisher and moves well in space and can be a guy that can step in immediately and play."

Worst case, he's depth on the line.
Mid case, he competes for a starting job and pushes others to play better.
Best case, he's a starter.

What's not to like?
I don't dislike, but a mega boom post over a guy who couldn't grab the starting job at his last stop seems a little disproportionate, imo

He was 2nd string last year. As in, he wasn't good enough to start. Maybe pause to think before snarky replies.
He played as a freshman for the former Texas staff, they tried to bulk him up to play LT but that's not where he needs to be naturally. Sark got there and valued big body, huge frame OL, so he got lost in the shuffle. He's a more athletic OL that should be a RT or inside OL that can get up the field to block. I think we knew what we were getting and he will contribute.

He was on the all-academic team and has starting reps under his belt. What more can you ask for in the portal than a smart, experienced OL that can come in and push your starters or be one himself?

Goddang it Braves management. You ass clowns.

First Freddie, now this. You idiots. Spend a little money you cheap baseturds.
George Steinbrenner method. Spend everything on the shiniest thing right now. Him being suspended for the Dave Winfield fiasco aided them in building that dynasty. Developed their farm and core players and then filled out with glue pieces like Scott Brosius. When George was reinstated and started flexing again, then the Mark Texeiras and A-Rods happened. Mega talent with nothing to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back