Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Cruise vs Will Smith on top of Burj Khalifa

tom-cruise-sitting-casually-on-burj-khalifa-vs-will-smith-v0-glyi5t59jl6a1.jpg

The Burj Khalifa is insane. I remember standing at the base of it and just looking up like “wtf”.

Really a lot of Dubai made me feel that way though. From the man made islands, to the “sail boat Hotel” (I forget its name) to the snowboarding/skiing in the Mall it was just one cool thing after another.

Can’t forget Mincey was a reserve player at UF with much less experience than Karic, we see how that turned out. Seems like Crawford and Mincey can hold down the LT spot, with Johnson (hopefully) and Karic competing at the RT spot
It’s always better to have MULTIPLE good options. We got spoiled this season with Wright being an iron man at RT. Following two seasons where Cade Mays was week to week health wise.

If we get that Rhode Island LT and we can rotate or start the Texas OL inside, we just made a massive upgrade to that unit. Still interested to see if we can add another TE, which I think is the plan.
I kinda wonder if this meant the RI tackle is out. Hopefully not.

If we secure the RI LT we can have a seriously talented offensive line if nobody transfers. We are only losing Wright and Carvin which are big losses but we have a lot of young talent in Perry, Clipper, Reddick, and Nichols.

You put the RI LT at left. Spraggins at G, Mays at C.

Then Mincey, Crawford, and Texas OL duke it out with the young guys for the remaining G and RT spots. What's not to love?

Even with only the Texas addition, Crawford or Mincey can compete for LT or the remaining G spot (👀) if they're built for it. I think the OL will be fine and this was a HUGE addition for depth and competition in that room.

You literally said a guy with 1 tackle (Jordan Phillips) transferring might sting. You are doing the same exact thing you are complaining about. Turn autopilot off please.
LOL what? You sure project a lot on to other people's statements. I was asking, legitimately, for someone to help me understand if a DL we lost was a big loss because I didn't know. We had a good DL and played a lot of different bodies, so my guess was it would sting, but I didn't know for sure and wanted to gather more info. Offensive line is not typically a position where you rotate bodies throughout the game, so even if I had been doing what you suggest with my question on Phillips, it's not the same thing. I know you aren't really concerned with understanding the truth of the matter as much as you are with trying to get your mic drop jab in to someone who might disagree with you, but there it is.

If we secure the RI LT we can have a seriously talented offensive line if nobody transfers. We are only losing Wright and Carvin which are big losses but we have a lot of young talent in Perry, Clipper, Reddick, and Nichols.

Then Mincey, Crawford, and Texas OL duke it out with the young guys for the remaining G and RT spots. What's not to love?

Even with only the Texas addition, Crawford or Mincey can compete for LT or the remaining G spot (👀) if they're built for it. I think the OL will be fine and this was a HUGE addition for depth and competition in that room.
I think Addison Nichols secures Carvin’s old LG spot.

It’s always better to have MULTIPLE good options. We got spoiled this season with Wright being an iron man at RT. Following two seasons where Cade Mays was week to week health wise.
Bingo. Also I’d still like to land Cornelius on Wednesday to really ramp up the competition. God bless him, but we’ve come a long ways from feeding Tatum pbj’s and hoping he could be halfway decent at OT

I think you’re right, I think Lampley will throw his hat in the ring too. Kinda wish they’d groom Nichols at center
Lampley has been a beneficial legacy on the roster. Decent talent always ready to plug in, yet doesn’t overrate himself. I think we’ll see Cooper’s replacement in 24…currently not on the roster.

I don't dislike, but a mega boom post over a guy who couldn't grab the starting job at his last stop seems a little disproportionate, imo
He may be better than what we have. Heck he might have been playing behind a first round draft pick. Anytime you add off. linemen it’s good.

The RI tackle is definitely still a take if we can get him. He's a very high-ceiling prospect.

what is up with the lack of activity by TN in the portal? We dont seem to have much traction at all.
Do you remember when Heupel was hired by White? Dr Danny said he was gonna fix all the leaks in the athletic department. I believe he did just that :):):):). You'll know when it's time for you to know

I think Karic can be the equal of Mincey or Crawford at RT, that's probably his best case scenario. He would really be best in a Kyle Shanahan type outside zone offense where he is pulling a lot and getting in space. His arm length and lack of true tackle size is going to prevent him from being an upper level OT, but those players aren't exactly falling out of the portal on a regular basis and we need the bodies. People talk about him moving inside to guard, but it is worth noting that Texas had an opening at OG when a 3 year starter went down in preseason camp with an ACL tear and they started a true freshman (not even one of the true blue chip recruits) there all season rather than Karic, so apparently that staff thought OG wasn't a good fit for his skill set. Still, he's a smart kid with a nasty disposition and P5 starting experience, so at worst he's going to be quality depth and at best we'll get a decent starter.

He'll be Trey Smith mixed with Kevin Mays.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
The coaches have been holding off on taking commitments from some guys ready to hop in-- guys that were once thought to be takes. They've moved some visits to January, after the playoffs. They're passing over guys with academic and character issues-- even if they're in-state or local guys-- and they're paying attention to red flags and reasons for being in the portal. And if a popular pick makes demands out of line with that player's perceived value, the coaches move on to the next guy and let another program pay the freight for a player they don't think is worth it. They're being selective, protecting the culture they've worked hard to build and avoiding headaches and misfits.

None of this indicates any sort of panic or concern; it indicates a quiet confidence in getting the players they want and feel they most need. These may not be the players recruiting services favor or fans want. They're going after the guys they think we can win with and they're trusting their own evaluations. They clearly like the guys coming in and think time is on our side in filling the remaining spots. They're going to do it their way.
The panic and concern is coming from our posters who think the sky is falling :cool::cool:

View attachment 525195

I’m gonna be disappointed if I don't have this baller Grand Poobah chair in my home on Christmas morning. Look at it... it's... it's indescribably beautiful. It reminds me of the Fourth of July.
The chair is effing awesome, although not made of swords from our conquests, still gives me Game of Thrones vibes. Arion Carter really gave off that look on his chair pic

The coaches have been holding off on taking commitments from some guys ready to hop in-- guys that were once thought to be takes. They've moved some visits to January, after the playoffs. They're passing over guys with academic and character issues-- even if they're in-state or local guys-- and they're paying attention to red flags and reasons for being in the portal. And if a popular pick makes demands out of line with that player's perceived value, the coaches move on to the next guy and let another program pay the freight for a player they don't think is worth it. They're being selective, protecting the culture they've worked hard to build and avoiding headaches and misfits.

None of this indicates any sort of panic or concern; it indicates a quiet confidence in getting the players they want and feel they most need. These may not be the players recruiting services favor or fans want. They're going after the guys they think we can win with and they're trusting their own evaluations. They clearly like the guys coming in and think time is on our side in filling the remaining spots. They're going to do it their way.

Explains why they took the commitment of Andrej Karic and 5-star CB Denver Harris won't get a visit, despite our need at the position.

Edit: Because my intent here has been misunderstood, I was trying to reinforce LA Vol’s point by giving some specific examples of the approach he describes. I don’t think we should be going after guys like Denver Harris either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back