Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The diamond Vols are showing their inexperience against some of the very best teams in the land. But it is the same problems over and over. They are weak on IF D, the SPs have reverted to throwing instead of pitching, and they only have a couple of guys in the order who get on top of the ball at the plate. One of them is a true freshman in Dreiling. Tears is another strong talent with upside, but I guess he is still hurt. They need better plate discipline. The IF D problem is simply not putting in the work and knowing where you are supposed to be while making the plays. Burke has been embarrassing so far.

The opponents can pitch around some of our guys because of the inconsistency and lack of discipline at the plate.

Also - find the best catcher for the pitchers and forget his lack of hitting. That catcher is not Dickey. It's time to rotate Dreiling, Dickey and Tears (when he returns) in the OF and DH roles with Ensley. Booker and Scott should be D replacements, PHs and PRs.

I'll be happy with a .500 SEC record this season with what we have seen so far unless they can light a fire under their arses and get to work.
As was stated, the last 3 AB of the game last night were really bad. Dreiling took a fastball right down the middle. We have the staff to get it together, but the longer this goes on, the harder it will be.

R.82e5e2b00c8f2ef537245af4dc6ee9cd

We seem to have a problem is getting defensive catchers. Last year, some tried to blame the pitchers for the poor numbers of stolen bases we gave up, both often the throws are off base, high, or in the dirt.

It’s been a bit unlucky. 2 years ago, the catcher at West Virginia transferred (had some pop) only to give up the game after fall conditioning. We were also in the sweepstakes for the Kentucky catcher, but he went pro. Last offseason, the Austin Peay catcher committed to us, but he unexpectedly signed a free agent pro deal.

A poster in the baseball forum (he would know) said Anderson does not want his pitchers changing their deliveries in the stretch, so that is probably part of it.

Reactions: SmokinBob
It’s been a bit unlucky. 2 years ago, the catcher at West Virginia transferred (had some pop) only to give up the game after fall conditioning. We were also in the sweepstakes for the Kentucky catcher, but he went pro. Last offseason, the Austin Peay catcher committed to us, but he unexpectedly signed a free agent pro deal.

A poster in the baseball forum (he would know) said Anderson does not want his pitchers changing their deliveries in the stretch, so that is probably part of it.
Doesn’t like the slide step…. I agree with Anderson.

A divided locker room is the biggest threat to a good season

There is no proof of that- just people throwing around things because they aren’t winning at a rate that fans think they should.

For those fans that joined the fun last year, this is reality. Baseball teams don’t do what last year’s team did in the SEC.

Maybe because he looks like a talented player... like many unknown and underrated 3*. Are you really that dense?

BTW, it seems that one of the Fr with the most buzz this spring is Bishop... but that can't be, can it? Just a 3* like... uh, Sampson... and Wright.... and Small.
Funny how that keeps happening!

Reactions: hooter vol
Im not surprised by this season so far at all…coming into the season we were having to replace a lot of experience and veteran bats that were clutch when we needed them to be..50 wins is hard to top for anyone and coming in i never expected anywhere close to that…they’re too inconsistent and young…it will be growing pains for sure.
This^

We were the older, experienced team last year with a lot of chemistry. A lot of the league last year was where we are at this year imo. Now they're more experienced and disciplined and we are young.

I stole this one. Pretty dang funny, if you ask me.

An old, blind Marine wanders into an all-girl biker bar by mistake.
He finds his way to a bar stool and orders a shot of Jack Daniels.
After sitting there for a while, he yells to the bartender, 'Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke?'
The bar immediately falls absolutely silent.
In a very deep, husky voice, the woman next to him says,
'Before you tell that joke I think it is only fair, given that you are blind, that you should know five things:
1. The bartender is a blonde girl with a baseball bat.
2. The bouncer is a blonde girl.
3. I'm a 6-foot tall, 175-pound blonde woman with a black belt in karate.
4. The woman sitting next to me is blonde and a professional weight lifter.
5. The lady to your right is blonde and a professional wrestler.
Now, think about it seriously, do you still wanna tell that blonde joke?'
The blind Marine thinks for a second, shakes his head and mutters, 'No...not if I'm gonna have to explain it five times.'

And yet, u r the one I was responding to. Trans sports?? Be a trans, great. But, u can’t play sports against what u wish u were.
K so we're in agreement. Literally said separate categories is the only solution I have, though it's also a shizzy one too. There's no "good" answers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back