Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because he looks like a talented player... like many unknown and underrated 3*. Are you really that dense?

BTW, it seems that one of the Fr with the most buzz this spring is Bishop... but that can't be, can it? Just a 3* like... uh, Sampson... and Wright.... and Small.

Let us know when UGA and Bama trade in their pre-NFL monster RBs for 3*s.....

R.82e5e2b00c8f2ef537245af4dc6ee9cd

What's the problem? The box says it's safe.

Who cares if it’s a gimmicky offense if it works? There’s a reason NFL coaches are interested in the prospect of applying principles of Heupels offense at the pro level.

The annoying part is the way Milton is disrespected by that comment, like he wasn’t a former 4/5 star who had been here two years as well and originally won the starting job.

That would be a worthy retort if the conversation were claiming that all 3* are world-beaters and no 5-stars are talented. I've seen you post. You're better than that.
I'm not sure what convo I even stepped into...pretty sure those 2 have some long running poultry though

But clearly you want the highest rated guys in general. Thus the championship teams...they're not taking many 3*s at all.

I think we've got the leadership in the clubhouse to get baseball back on track.When in doubt just remember Ole Piss last year.They were undoubtedly favorites iirc and were also in a very similar situation as us but came on at the end to win it all..

Iirc they also started last year #1, floundered all season long, and then somehow got cooking at the right time. Never too late, I can only imagine how much Ole Miss fans were down all last season.

Still remember reading their board after their series and they were ready to fire their coach 😅 Even we have yet to reach that depth (though maybe in the FF...)

Reactions: TitanicVolz
The annoying part is the way Milton is disrespected by that comment, like he wasn’t a former 4/5 star who had been here two years as well and originally won the starting job.

This stuff doesn’t matter to me. In fact, it reminds me of the early years of Bama’s success when everyone tried to convince themselves that Bama players couldn’t hack it in the NFL.

Just keep winning and all this takes care of itself.

Reactions: hooter vol
Iirc they also started last year #1, floundered all season long, and then somehow got cooking at the right time. Never too late, I can only imagine how much Ole Miss fans were down all last season.

Still remember reading their board after their series and they were ready to fire their coach 😅 Even we have yet to reach that depth (though maybe in the FF...)
Bro if u tossed em a case of beer can of gas and some matches they would have burned that whole damn thing to the ground lol coaches and all.I hate all things south of me basically but they ran thru the cornfields backwards naked and came out unscathed.I was never impressed by them yet somehow they prevailed.

My biggest gripe is why cant any of our Vol squads ever seem to catch that "Magic" at the rite time?Is it just bad luck?Do other teams benefit from constant ref bias or is it just more or less "Hey sh*t happens" deal with it and do what u can basically?I'd lean towards a little bit of all that..

That's wild, but definitely checks out
Oh its true, sadly.

One member took his own life, one died from pill overdose (former athlete), and three died while filming an Imax movie - during storm. I remember it well. Very sad.

2013, crazy that was a decade ago.

This stuff doesn’t matter to me. In fact, it reminds me of the early years of Bama’s success when everyone tried to convince themselves that Bama players couldn’t hack it in the NFL.

Just keep winning and all this takes care of itself.

Exactly. We are in a very good place right now with the copes I see flying around about the Vols.

It went from:

Heupel sucks, he only had success with Frost's players and got worse every year at UCF, Vols won't make a bowl for years to come

to

Lol big deal, Vols won 7 games, Heupel just got lucky with Hooker

to

Vols had a decent run under Hooker, but now that he's hurt and out of eligibility, they will come back down to earth

to

Okay, Milton beat Clemson, but they were playing a freshman QB and they aren't really the Clemson of the past, they had a down year

to

Hooker may be getting first-round buzz but it's all smoke and mirrors, he's actually a terrible QB who only produces because of the system he's in

The goalposts...they are a-moving.

Exactly. We are in a very good place right now with the copes I see flying around about the Vols.

It went from:

Heupel sucks, he only had success with Frost's players and got worse every year at UCF, Vols won't make a bowl for years to come

to

Lol big deal, Vols won 7 games, Heupel just got lucky with Hooker

to

Vols had a decent run under Hooker, but now that he's hurt and out of eligibility, they will come back down to earth

to

Okay, Milton beat Clemson, but they were playing a freshman QB and they aren't really the Clemson of the past, they had a down year

to

Hooker may be getting first-round buzz but it's all smoke and mirrors, he's actually a terrible QB who only produces because of the system he's in

The goalposts...they are a-moving.

Moving? Yeah, about like Usain Bolt "moves".

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
If Drake Maye ever went to a good team, he would win soo many games.

Watched one game of his last year and he impressed me more than anyone not named Hooker.

And I still laugh that Penix turned into something. Hardly cared when he didn't end up here and he looked like a dud at Indiana. Sometimes guys just have to find their fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back