Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of those running backs won’t come here due to our system… we have to find the best quality running backs that fit this system… we have done a pretty good job at that.
Man our system shouldn't have squat to do with our ability to get a top notch rb.Rbs need to pass/run block protect when needed and run towards the other end of the field.I mean if anything I'm fairly certain we ran more than we did pass but I don't have those numbers handy n I'm being lazy today lol...

Man our system shouldn't have squat to do with our ability to get a top notch rb.Rbs need to pass/run block protect when needed and run towards the other end of the field.I mean if anything I'm fairly certain we ran more than we did pass but I don't have those numbers handy n I'm being lazy today lol...
Recruits think the Alabama and Georgia systems better prepare you for the NFL…The majority of our runs are hurry up and run up the middle bc it helps us go faster…Not even close to what they will do in the NFL…. A few guys from our team being successful in the NFL and that mentality will change… I am happy to have the guys that have bought in…. We have a great set of guys for our system.

Not sure about the top - don't get it. Maybe misreading

Agree with the rest. Play the odds.

100% agree surely don't freak out. Esp if a UT fan, Hype will keep doing more with less. Just gotta hope diamonds are real and not the "Butch diamonds" but it's all for not - just have to be happy with whoever says they are a Vol - good enough for me to have their back. And the FF and negas here will do enough complaining for everyone 😒
Top..AL,GA, OSU. In the playoffs almost every year. Pay the highest for players. Do not have to work to get the best recruiting class.

The majority of those running backs won’t come here due to our system… we have to find the best quality running backs that fit this system… we have done a pretty good job at that.
Moreso in the past, but Alabama is spread these days. UGA...yeah. though was really talking about those teams themselves, nothing to do with us. As for us, we really haven't had an NFL level talent back there yet.

Would love to get a Kamara type, speed with the NFL build and agility. Bring in a 1st or 2nd day NFL type RB in here...in this offense...it'll be even more nuts.

But our scheme is just soo good for RBs, it'll succeed regardless. Taking it to another level in the run game would be wild to see though.

I can’t figure out the starting pitching for Tennessee. I bought the hype on those guys, but they keep falling short of expectations. I find myself thinking the other team’s Friday night starters, etc look more dominant than ours.

Certainly need to hit better, but finding yourself down 5-1 in the fifth against elite competition makes for a lot of pressure.

We will see where they go from here!

Dollander has given up 20 earned runs in 43 innings. He gave up 21 earned runs all of last year. In 79 innings.

Burns has given up 21. Gave up 26 all of last year.

Not trashing these dudes at all, they’re absolute studs. But providing more info on the starting pitching.

The % of 5 stars hit more because there are less of them, the bulk of the NFL is 3 star or less though.
Less or more in the pool is relative when using percentages. It's the whole point of looking at rates.

The number of 3 stars in the NFL is simply due to the sheer volume of them. But their rate of reaching it is far, far less. If we could recruit 150 of them each year vs only 20 five stars, then ok there's an argument. But clearly this isn't the case when you only get 25 a year regardless of their star. We can't use volume to our advantage, just efficiency.

Reactions: BigSteve09
@SoilVol

I've got a spring fed, 1/3 acre pond. It's about 10' deep at its maximum. I originally stocked it several years ago with channel cats, hybrid bluegill, and largemouth bass, all fingerlings. Over the years the catfish and the bluegill seem to be gone and I've got a pond full of 12" or smaller largemouth. I know the hybrids don't reproduce so I know they're probably gone from that. I restocked the bluegill and catfish about 5 years ago but never saw them again. I decided to give it another shot and put in 100 cats and 100 red ear sunfish. I also put in 3 pounds of bull head minnows.

I suspect the last time I stocked they either went over the dam, were eaten by the bass, or heaten by a great blue heron. Before stocking this time I added a significant brush pile. There wasn't much structure for them to hide under before. I released them in the brush pile and a cattail patch in one corner.

Anything you would recommend to help these fingerlings? They were tiny - about 2" on the bluegill and 4" on the catfish. Should I try and feed them?

Dollander has given up 20 earned runs in 43 innings. He gave up 21 earned runs all of last year. In 79 innings.

Burns has given up 21. Gave up 26 all of last year.

Not trashing these dudes at all, they’re absolute studs. But providing more info on the starting pitching.
That’s our biggest issue with this team right now.

Reactions: drvenner
Moreso in the past, but Alabama is spread these days. UGA...yeah. though was really talking about those teams themselves, nothing to do with us. As for us, we really haven't had an NFL level talent back there yet.

Would love to get a Kamara type, speed with the NFL build and agility. Bring in a 1st or 2nd day NFL type RB in here...in this offense...it'll be even more nuts.

But our scheme is just soo good for RBs, it'll succeed regardless. Taking it to another level in the run game would be wild to see though.
The majority of the NFL runs spread type concepts now….. what Georgia and Alabama does with their running game is still very similar to what they do in the NFL… ours is a fantastic college offense but nothing like what they will be doing in the NFL…

Alvin Kamara would be amazing but not many of those type of backs around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back