Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Women wear the clothing that they do bc the want guys(the right guys, anyways)…. Checking out their body…. It is why they look like they are poured into their leggings and have the tip of their shirt shoved into the back of them.

I am assuming that is why most guys wear sleeveless shirts at the gym…. They want people checking out the gun show( at least that is why I use to wear one when I was younger).

Or it's because removing sleeves allow better range of motion.

Just like tucking in the shirt to the back of the leggings prevents you from sitting on it and stretching the collar.

People wear what they want for different reasons, really unfair to make bold stroke (nice) assumptions.

Also unrelated...but go look at the footwear worn in Idiocracy.

Last edited:
Why is there not a comma between city and state?
Good observation.
I would have nightmares with me clutching a red pen. I’m tense after reading that.
😂 Cormac is idiosyncratic. It's based on the ear, imo. We don't pause between city and state in speaking, and we don't hear quotation marks.

Edit: Of course a student wouldn't be entitled to do that. They need to demonstrate mastery of standard English to demonstrate capacity to learn, regardless of what they will do in some future time.

Last edited:
Well, that is natural enough. My first Corman McCarthy novel was Blood Meridian. When I finished it I went back to the bookstore (there were still real bookstores back then) and bought everything he had written prior. 😂 Then reread Blood Meridian. So I was a full-on, up-to-speed Cormac reader when the border trilogy started rolling out.

But wifey's first Cormac was The Road. It was like that for a lot of people -- and good on them. Way to go, @MoCo_Vol! imo.

I recommended Blood Meridian next, which she was amazed by. And now she has circled back to Outer Dark and Child of God. She says when she finishes Suttree, we have to read the border trilogy together and came home with some used paperbacks so we have two sets at hand. Best of all possible women, that one! She has taught me some great writers I had missed too. To take one example,
That Edith Wharton is delightfully spiteful!

That's a great point, and why with art (books, music, movie) I rarely use the word "best" and simply say "favorite."

Because often for me the first love is real, The Road was also my first book by Cormac. I'm going to start Blood Meridian though this week :)

He employs an idiosyncratic punctuation. It's based on ear, imo. People don't pause between city and state in speaking, only in writing. Likewise we don't hear quotations marks.

Yeah seeing how he writes dialogue was very odd at first, but then you read it and everything else seems wrong.

Reactions: bignewt
Or it's because removing sleeves allow better range of motion.

Just like tucking in the shirt to the back of the leggings prevents you from sitting on it and stretching the collar.

People wear what they want for different reasons, really unfair to make bold stroke (nice) assumptions.

Also unrelated...but go look at the footwear worn in Idiocracy.
Exactly. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. And naked.

I've always wanted to see Leonard. I did see his fellow LBer there once, Craig King. He was talking about his playing days at UT and my ears lit up.
I convinced LL to let me valet his Bentley when i worked at Crowne Plaza in college. All the legends from the late 90s early 2000s stated they relatively often. Haynesworth is an ass

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back