Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, if they are smart, they are betting on both guys. It's a better way to manage a team. So their comment seems normal to me.
Competition breeds success. Internally, I would think they are hoping Hooker can show enough for them to cut Goff next off-season because his cap hit this upcoming season is $30M and the following season $31M. HH would save them a lot of money.

Seems like he was awesome against weaker opponents and hurt during any tough opponent game…by my recollection.
Right? Florida, UGA, Bama and Ole Miss? When we wistfully speculate on what Heupel could have done with him this past season, any reason to think he would’ve participated against Pitt, Florida and Bama? He still on the roster against Clemson?

Competition breeds success. Internally, I would think they are hoping Hooker can show enough for them to cut Goff next off-season because his cap hit this upcoming season is $30M and the following season $31M. HH would save them a lot of money.
Veritable bargain for signalcaller functioning as a franchise QB tho.

Kenny is the head of the new Vol Club Captains program. We have 12 Captains placed around the state and 1 in each of GA, NC and SC(me!) who are going to work to build local communities of Vol Fans who love to support our athletes via NIL. This tweet shows how much Coach Heupel is aware of the Vol Club and it’s importance. I’ve been on this board a long time and I hope y’all trust when I say us all getting on board with the Vol Club is crucial the next 6 or so months I really mean it. We have a ton of really exciting announcements coming up the next few months that I know will get those on the fence across but hoping we can get some folks to join today!

Our big donors have been leading the way for us but they need our great fanbase to step in and be the extra catalyst to get us to the top. 92% of donated funds went to players directly in the first year with the running target being 90%. There are obviously fun membership perks as well! Would love for everyone in the recruiting forum to join the team.

Please DM me if you are already in the club and haven’t been brought into the FB group that will be communicating local gatherings (there should be email blasts as well!)

Click this link to join The Vol Club!
Join The Volunteer Club

Awesome tweet

I’m not on the FB group but would like to be.

Reactions: Ericvol2096
Gym bro is tucking his sweat pant joggers into his socks.

Are we doing this as a society now?
wtf-disbelief.gif

Oh yeah his ONLY novel to win a Pulitzer Prize is the weakest...Oddly enough, you too can catch all five knuckles for a review if ya want!

I actually have Blood Meridian & The Border Trilogy in the "to read" queue, but just haven't made time to start them.

Well one, that tells you how amazing an author he is.

Two, liken it to Scorsese winning for The Departed, and not for Goodfellas.

The Nobel Committee has a long documented history of self-identifying as idiots, cowards, incompetents, sycophants, and tools; and they continued their clown show in passing over Cormac.

Reactions: bignewt
Veritable bargain for signalcaller functioning as a franchise QB tho.
For sure. It’s definitely not $50M like the top few QBs have now. Think Goff at $31M would be slightly above average QB1 contract at the moment, so not terrible. Now, if you can hit on a QB in the draft that’s making less than $1 a year for 4 years…that opens up a ton of capital during that stretch.

Reactions: butchna
Did you see the movie adaptation James Franco did of that? Not bad.
I don't really go for movies and especially not movies of good books. I find that the images reassert themselves in an unwanted way when I am thinking of or rereading the book. And in the case of every really good book (and great books immeasurably more so), the book is superior. There's a giant industry now of people writing so-so books clearly intended to be good movies and I skip those too. I'm more a fan of the art of writing.

Edit:
I did sit down for two years and watch every movie that I thought promising on all the lists for greatest ever in multiple countries and also the lists of people who said "the lists suck, watch these instead." And then every one I thought they might have missed. So I know about those through about 5-7 years ago.

I think I am going to make an exception for Bondarchuk's War and Peace one day. When I was watching movies it wasn't available in any decent form. I think I heard it is available now in a quality edition. I don't say it will be all that. I just want to see it for itself and also for historical interest.

A lot of the board favorites I agree are top. I think some of the old black and white classics are under rated or under remarked up here. But who is going to tout ole crazy-eyes Bette Davis in the middle of a mob movie digression. 😂 I like old French and Italian movies a lot so I am prolly a bad person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back