Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to a comedian one time…. He asked…. Why do women dress sexier going to the gym than when they go to bed at night with their husband/partner? It is a very true statement.
You mean those that are putting videos on social media where they record men watching them then post to shame them and show their anger??? Read it’s getting so bad gyms are coming up with policies where you can’t record your workout. My advice is if you don’t want anyone looking then cover it up.

I think for me personally Dune (the latest one) and No Country For Old Men have been the best two movie from book adaptions.

But I've not exhausted watching every movie based on a book.
I had a chance to read a pre-publication copy of No Country For Old Men through knowing someone at a newspaper that reviews books and my first thought was Cormac has deliberately written a movie. 😂 I understood him to have done that on purpose. In most of his books, in a sense, he -- by virtue of his language -- is the primary character. But No Country also works in his overall sequence moving from Tennessee to Texas to Mexico and then coming back the other way from Mexico to America. I haven't seen or read Dune. I had a friend who used to derive the most astounding interpretations from those pages. Edit: (This guy was a very attentive reader. I don't mean my last remark in a negative sense.)

Last edited:
I listened to a comedian one time…. He asked…. Why do women dress sexier going to the gym than when they go to bed at night with their husband/partner? It is a very true statement.

Sorta goes both ways though. Dudes wear sleeveless shirts...or none at all sometimes.

Guess my point is actually quite simple - are people supposed to wear MORE clothing when they're going somewhere to sweat for an hour? 😆 It's like going to the beach. There's a necessity and more skin is always seen as "sexier" regardless of that necessity.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Have you seen the movie Nobody? Odenkirk is awesome in it. It’s hilarious imo.
I have watched it several times and I still laugh. Dark humor, but very well made.
Reminded me of R.E.D. With Bruce Willis. One of my favorite movies.
I haven't watched it, yet...it's definitely on the list.

Reactions: bignewt
If the Packers were in the NFC championship game against the Lions and Hendon was starting, who would you cheer for?
The Packers. I'd hope HH played good enough to win but the defense just let him down late in the 4th quarter. It's the Detroit Lions and that's what they do.

*I've made my choice. I'm not getting any Detroit Lions gear.

YMCA in Asheville NC.

Wanna see some weird ****.
Downtown one is my place. Apparently used have be weird shower parties in the men's locker room decades ago...

Now it's seemingly normal. Almost too normal. Mostly lots of retirees. And pickleball. Oh those damn pickleballers!

Reactions: BigSteve09
The Packers. I'd hope HH played good enough to win but the defense just let him down late in the 4th quarter. It's the Detroit Lions and that's what they do.

*I've made my choice. I'm not getting any Detroit Lions gear.
Well, I hope they do face off in the NFC Championship and that HH throws seven TDs en route to running them off the field.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Sorta goes both ways though. Dudes wear sleeveless shirts...or none at all sometimes.

Guess my point is actually quite simple - are people supposed to wear MORE clothing when they're going somewhere to sweat for an hour? 😆 It's like going to the beach. There's a necessity and more skin is always seen as "sexier" regardless of that necessity.
Women wear the clothing that they do bc the want guys(the right guys, anyways)…. Checking out their body…. It is why they look like they are poured into their leggings and have the tip of their shirt shoved into the back of them.

I am assuming that is why most guys wear sleeveless shirts at the gym…. They want people checking out the gun show( at least that is why I use to wear one when I was younger).

Nice shoes! You remember that Dickie Warren team with Steve Crowder, Dye, Foster, Minor and maybe a guy named Helms or Helton...something like that? I was a kid and really looked up to those guys. Funny I remember those names and I'm terrible with names. Jon Ueler is another name from that era I remember. Thinking it was around 82 or maybe late 70's.

That was 84-85. My brother was on that team. I knew most of those guys; Crowder, Harold Dye, Todd Foster, Baron Minor, Todd Helms. They lost in the state tournament in Nashville at that ugly Vanderbilt gym.

Downtown one is my place. Apparently used have be weird shower parties in the men's locker room decades ago...

Now it's seemingly normal. Almost too normal. Mostly lots of retirees. And pickleball. Oh those damn pickleballers!
I went to Olympia to workout in maryville.. I was in the locker room…. There were several naked men sitting in a hot tub close enough to be touching each other…. I thought to myself…. Nope not the gym for me…. I went and joined primos.

More skin is not always sexier.

Well one, that tells you how amazing an author he is.

Two, liken it to Scorsese winning for The Departed, and not for Goodfellas.
Well, that is natural enough. My first Corman McCarthy novel was Blood Meridian. When I finished it I went back to the bookstore (there were still real bookstores back then) and bought everything he had written prior. 😂 Then reread Blood Meridian. So I was a full-on, up-to-speed Cormac reader when the border trilogy started rolling out.

But wifey's first Cormac was The Road. It was like that for a lot of people -- and good on them. Way to go, @MoCo_Vol! imo.

I recommended Blood Meridian next, which she was amazed by. And now she has circled back to Outer Dark and Child of God. She says when she finishes Suttree, we have to read the border trilogy together and came home with some used paperbacks so we have two sets at hand. Best of all possible women, that one! She has taught me some great writers I had missed too. To take one example,
That Edith Wharton is delightfully spiteful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back