Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe has shown alittle more than Richardson at this point. Sure they’re relatively similar with the height weight and rocket arms. But Joe has better stats
Joe is better at playing the actual position of QB in basically every way. That comparison is borderline disingenuous tbh.

What do some of yall think about this

So I love watching stuff about college football history

Been watching this doc about Oklahoma history. So many dominant teams. Crazy amount of conference titles etc.

One thing I noticed though, was how freaking easy their schedule has been for the majority of their history.

For decades they got to play horrible teams like Kansas, K-State, Mizzou, and Iowa St

Then Colorado was up and down

But its almost like they had five vabderbilts on their schedule every year

Same goes for Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State. Like other than playing each other...nobody else comes remotely close to them in the big ten in history.

Even though perceptually the SEC wasn't as strong back in the day it just has always been more competitive

Don't think these programs would have such illustrious histories if it weren't for having at least 8 gimme wins on their schedule every year.

But you will never get them to admit it. Also they have multiple heisman trophy winners for the exact same reasons. Check out the old SWC and PAC-12. More of the same…

Truly, the only real division 1 conference is and always will be the SEC. texas and oklahoma are getting ready to find out. They will go from conference big boys to mid pack wannabes.

I do have a question. Why is bama-texas able to happen, but we had to abandon oklahoma? Since they will be in conference, couldn’t it have just been a conference game? I still don’t understand the reasoning behind the decision to cancel…

I suddenly remembered that long extended opening scene in Underworld involving the baseball game (Jackie Gleason! 😂) and had to jump back in a day late and give DeLillo props for that. Didn't want to wait until book day '24 to correct my omission. 😂 Well done.

Reactions: bignewt
I suddenly remembered that long extended opening scene in Underworld involving the baseball game (Jackie Gleason! 😂) and had to jump back in a day late and give DeLillo props for that. Didn't want to wait until book day '24 to correct my omission. 😂 Well done.
Ahhh Jackie Gleason, so many saturdays growing up watching Smokey and the Bandit.

Feel much like Tim Conway, you could just turn camera on and he'd be entertaining.

“It also happens because you’re developing guys inside of your roster. Guys feel like, even if they may not be starting, they are continuing to grow as a player. I think (quarterback) Joe Milton’s a great example of that — a guy that sat behind a guy for a couple years, feels like he’s still in position to go achieve all of his goals inside of college football, but also long-term with the NFL.
“That happens on both sides of the line of scrimmage. I think it speaks to what’s going on at Tennessee football just in general.”

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back