Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly have very high expectations for this years class. It brought in good talent on all levels of the defense, and I expect we see a lot of these guys getting on the field before the year is over.

Offensively the talent we already have is going to keep most new guys redshirting, but even still there’s a possibility of Seldon, Davis, or Nico seeing significant snaps.

They did a good job of targeting areas where we needed to get better and if we can land the CB from Syracuse I could see our defense being legitimately solid.

What is the point of anything the team did this year if it's just about the individual? Is that what he played for all year, just to make more money for himself?

Here we are going to the biggest game we have been to in 20 years...and our best player quit on his team just for himself.

I don't get this crap....never have and never will. Is that what it is all about now...just self?

Not the choice I would make. I would do the Darnell Wright thing.

However, you do realize it is exactly what Heup encourages them to do, right? Analyze all aspects of their individual situation, get input from credible sources, make a decision that is right for the player. He wants them all to go on to big careers and making the money. He has said that repeatedly in interviews.

There are things we don't know. For one people are forgetting (conveniently) that he is nicked up and recovering physically. He may also be dialoging with intermediaries. There are teams who probably have draft plans for him. The risk for injury is high for a receiver. He gave his all for Tennessee. This is a big bowl, but it's not the playoffs. Like it or not there is more of a business decision involved than yesteryear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back