Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this class. When you get to the top 10, it's more a matter of development. The differences aren't so great. I think we've gotten much better with this group. We still need OT, LB, corner and I'd really like a potential starter at QB for next year, but I won't belabor that point any further. All things considered, we're making great progress. What we did in year 2 is spectacular, but it was always going to be a 4 year deal. When this roster is filled with Heupel recruits, we'll have a really clear picture of where we are. The key now is to make sure we keep the ball rolling in the right direction. Critical to have a solid season next year. I'm not expecting another 10 win season, but if we can get 8-9, I think it would really cement our return to being a top tier SEC program. All we need is for a few pieces in the portal. Today was a very good day.
Why do we need a LB or QB? We could use another TE though.

I think we have to see a new metric in this new age of recruiting plus portal to truly understand the health of a program. An obvious reason is looking at A&Ms #1 class last year, is it number 1 now? How about transfers, how do we figure them in properly.

I suggest there needs to be a rolling 2 year metric based of transfers out, recruits in, and transfers in. That would give you a better indication of the stability of a program. Probably wouldn’t have final ranking until July and August of each year.

Thoughts?

Well I guess we all forgot the blue font or you can't keep up .... either way I hope Bru returns as well. Gotta hold our breath until April ...

Right. So Bru announcing that he is coming back doesn’t mean anything. 😂😂😂😂. Hold your breath then while the rest of us take Bru at his word. Also, where was the link where you said he was leaving? I would love to read that.

Those are the only 2 scholarship TEs we have and Davis is a true freshman coming off an injury in which he didn't even play his senior year.

I wouldn't use the spot on a TE.

Need another LB, why? Because Beasley isn't that great. Solid backup. I LOVE the freshmen LB's we are bringing in, but we shouldn't be relying on freshmen. Same goes for the secondary, Duce would be a nice get.

Never mind. He committed to Oregon
nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif
Lanning doing the Saban thing like Kirby. $$$ gets stars

I wouldn't use the spot on a TE.

Need another LB, why? Because Beasley isn't that great. Solid backup. I LOVE the freshmen LB's we are bringing in, but we shouldn't be relying on freshmen. Same goes for the secondary, Duce would be a nice get.
We just picked up a portal LB today, and Beasley was our most consistent LB this year and a definite starter next season.

We just picked up a portal LB today, and Beasley was our most consistent LB this year and a definite starter next season.

I realize we picked up a LB today lmao.

Yes, you are correct he was, but considering what we had, not that eye opening. Like I said, he is a solid backup

Now that we've signed all of our guys, we can properly start worrying about the portal. Need an extra wave of talent to hit after the bowl games.

We probably have room for 2-3 more guys assuming no one leaves. Don't be surprise if we like our young guys we are not too active in the portal after the bowl game. WR, CB, and OT would be my guess moving forward.

VQ said uscjr RB (name escapes me) would be a take also.

I realize we picked up a LB today lmao.

Yes, you are correct he was, but considering what we had, not that eye opening. Like I said, he is a solid backup

🙄 I am honestly curious how we come to such a ridiculous conclusion using the extreme lack of evidence that you actually have in order to formulate that opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back