Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize we picked up a LB today lmao.

Yes, you are correct he was, but considering what we had, not that eye opening. Like I said, he is a solid backup
So you would bring in 2 portal LBs? And bench a 2 year starter that knows your defense? Oh, and relegate the 5 LBs you've brought in the last two classes to primarily special teams? Sound strategy....🙄

🙄 I am honestly curious how we come to such a ridiculous conclusion using the extreme lack of evidence that you actually have in order to formulate that opinion.

Well here, since I have to do an in depth analysis.

Beasley, Mitchell, Perry, and Herring.

So yes, compared to what we have, not that eye opening. Thanks for attending my in depth analysis.

To answer your smartass remark, I did look into it and no I didnt have lack of evidence because all you have to do is LOOK AT THE ****ING DEPTH CHART.

So you would bring in 2 portal LBs? And bench a 2 year starter that knows your defense? Oh, and relegate the 5 LBs you've brought in the last two classes to primarily special teams? Sound strategy....🙄

Bingo.

Let's just try starting 5 guys that haven't had much playing time. Winning formula. You get another LB from the portal, now you have 3 solid guys.

I think we have to see a new metric in this new age of recruiting plus portal to truly understand the health of a program. An obvious reason is looking at A&Ms #1 class last year, is it number 1 now? How about transfers, how do we figure them in properly.

I suggest there needs to be a rolling 2 year metric based of transfers out, recruits in, and transfers in. That would give you a better indication of the stability of a program. Probably wouldn’t have final ranking until July and August of each year.

Thoughts?
I think there's something to this...

With all disrepect please shut the **** up
certainly could have been a great class, and, not just a good one. But it isnt because of 3 stars. This is a damn solid group of high character kids.

We land the 5 star WR committed to OSU, or, a high end OL. Like kid who went to MSU, Rommel. And its great.

So I don't really follow recruiting that much. Maybe just briefly over the years. is it wrong to feel sort of dissapointed that we're ranked like an average of 10 on most websites after the year that we had? Florida seems to have more 4 stars and they absolutely sucked this year.

Maybe I'm overreacting. lol

Yes.

It isn't quite how recruiting works. Recruiting is built off of years of relationships and perception. It's well known that current success/failure hardly has an impact on that current year's class. Those relationships have already been built...perceptions well in place.

Our success will do much more for us in the coming classes.

certainly could have been a great class, and, not just a good one. But it isnt because of 3 stars. This is a damn solid group of high character kids.

We land the 5 star WR committed to OSU, or, a high end OL. Like kid who went to MSU, Rommel. And its great.
I like to include the transfer portal in our recruiting class. If we find another ot or great wide receiver which fills need I would consider this class great. Also glad we didn’t land the Ramil kid, everyone says he is soft

I like to include the transfer portal in our recruiting class. If we find another ot or great wide receiver which fills need I would consider this class great. Also glad we didn’t land the Ramil kid, everyone says he is soft
His Dad went to Bama. He's cushiony.

IMO, Beasley is our best LB. Reads his keys, fits gaps, textbook tackler, and does exactly what the coaches ask. Banks looks active and is but he often is tackling horizontal or chasing down a play which is sometimes his on doing…. BY typically has had some solid LB’s under Kalani and Bronco so I’m excited about this seasoned vet pickup… Also, sooner or later young guys step up and become their own stars that we just can’t lose. This defense is getting better.

I think we have to see a new metric in this new age of recruiting plus portal to truly understand the health of a program. An obvious reason is looking at A&Ms #1 class last year, is it number 1 now? How about transfers, how do we figure them in properly.

I suggest there needs to be a rolling 2 year metric based of transfers out, recruits in, and transfers in. That would give you a better indication of the stability of a program. Probably wouldn’t have final ranking until July and August of each year.

Thoughts?
247 has moved in some ways to give similar outlooks. They began including transfers (in) in their class rankings, which is absolutely critical these days. To only look at HS recruits is missing 20-30+% of many classes. The HS/juco-only rankings are nearing obsolence.

The Team Talent Composite is probably the best all-around picture of a team. It considers every single player actually on the roster, albeit the entire team, so not a 1-2 year snapshot either.

We have to start playing our young talent. Have a chance to mix them in with veterans and speed up their development.
I have sat thru 10+ years of playing young talent for the future. The future never turns out as planned. Play the best you got and if the are freshman, so be it. If not, they can develop in practice and film study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back