Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took me two 1/2 years. They’d refer you to their Rivals link and they’d refer you to Yahoo. One time Hubbs gave me a one week suspension and I said “fine! Help me cancel this effin waste of time!” He stopped responding. Someone posted a link on the board in response to another question and that worked. De1 texted me when they offered that deal asking if I was going to join. I explained why subarctic temperatures in HELL was more likely.
I had a showtime subscription like that. It was ridiculous. I think that's why I'm surprised it was so easy.

Reactions: Orange. and butchna
Seinfeld-Tim-Whatley-Cleveland-Court-Reporters-1-300x214.png
kramer-seinfeld.gif

I had a showtime subscription like that. It was ridiculous. I think that's why I'm surprised it was so easy.

Sunday Ticket did it to me..a whole off-season after I had cancelled them via their own freaking procedures as well as my AT&T service. $300 poof and took a lot of time to get my money back.

Parker update - today we got results back from a full lab work up yesterday that revealed he has Mono. He has been fever free for almost 24 hours. Hemoglobin levels are a little low but other than that we are seeing some real progress in his energy and behavior. God is good! Could have been much worse. Not every day you see a 1 year old with Mono, crazy!!
That is crazy. Glad you guys got it figured out, has to be a huge stress relief. It's awful seeing a sick baby and not know how to help or be unable to help. . . especially when their your own kid.

On a side note. . . I thought you wrote homogoblin. . .

Took me two 1/2 years. They’d refer you to their Rivals link and they’d refer you to Yahoo. One time Hubbs gave me a one week suspension and I said “fine! Help me cancel this effin waste of time!” He stopped responding. Someone posted a link on the board in response to another question and that worked. De1 texted me when they offered that deal asking if I was going to join. I explained why subarctic temperatures in HELL was more likely.
You know, I’m going to say (post) it. How is De1? No, not a fake asking and he took a lot of guff from here, but he brought a lot of it on himself. Brashness, I can certainly understand, but it works better when you’re standing toe to toe to someone versus just words on a message board of people you’ve never met.

Reactions: butchna
Some of the posts in this are pretty hilarious. The SC fans really honestly believe that SB is a world class coach and everyone should agree.

That actually seems like a reasonable ranking. Id probably move Heupel above Kiffin and then above Kelly if Heupel fires off another 11+ win season. Kelly has a longer history, but it'd be hard to deny how fast Heupel is climbing and the success he's having here and prior.

That is crazy. Glad you guys got it figured out, has to be a huge stress relief. It's awful seeing a sick baby and not know how to help or be unable to help. . . especially when their your own kid.

On a side note. . . I thought you wrote homogoblin. . .
He wasn't talking about @Weezer's Halloween costume. 😂 Not that there's anything wrong with that.

He wasn't talking about your Halloween costume. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I just ordered it. That's probably why I confused the words. . .

Edit: just searched it to see if there was a stupid costume for it. Figured it would be funny. . . don't search it. . . I was thinking goblin 👺, not 🦃 gobblin' 🤦‍♂️. . .
Alright, enough internet for me today.

Last edited:
Some of the posts in this are pretty hilarious. The SC fans really honestly believe that SB is a world class coach and everyone should agree.

Further proof that USCjr fans should be funneled into a psych ward. They are literally saying he's the THIRD best coach in the SEC.

For catching lightening in a bottle for two weeks in a flukey as hell win over us and the completely inept DJ Ukelele who cant hit a 5 yard swing pass? Beating average ACC UNC in a bowl game in his first year?

That actually seems like a reasonable ranking. Id probably move Heupel above Kiffin and then above Kelly if Heupel fires off another 11+ win season. Kelly has a longer history, but it'd be hard to deny how fast Heupel is climbing and the success he's having here and prior.
Wow. So you're smoking crack, too?

If you're ranking all time, Saban would be #1. But that isn't ranking all time. It's supposedly ranking where they stand currently. And currently, Saban would be #2. Back-to-back titles means Smart would be #1. I would put Heupel #3 based on last year. He destroyed Brian Kelly's team in their home. Kelly would be #4, and Kiffin #5. I'd have to think about the rest, but I doubt Arnett should be last. I understand it's because he's new, but whoever coaches Vandy should almost always be last. There are occasional exceptions, but Lea doesn't appear to be one of them.

You know, I’m going to say (post) it. How is De1? No, not a fake asking and he took a lot of guff from here, but he brought a lot of it on himself. Brashness, I can certainly understand, but it works better when you’re standing toe to toe to someone versus just words on a message board of people you’ve never met.
No one gave him more grief than myself… and he earned a lot of it. But he is what he claims and has shared info with me from time to time. I like the guy. Haven’t received a text for awhile, but he’ll shoot one when there’s something new.

I'd flip Pittman and Beamer. Possibly flip Napier and ED as well. Napier will have his chance to move up the rankings, tho, because that program is currently a mess. But you wouldn't expect it to stay that way. I'd probably put Freeze at #6, leave Jimbo at #7, and have Stoops at #8.

If you're ranking all time, Saban would be #1. But that isn't ranking all time. It's supposedly ranking where they stand currently. And currently, Saban would be #2. Back-to-back titles means Smart would be #1. I would put Heupel #3 based on last year. He destroyed Brian Kelly's team in their home. Kelly would be #4, and Kiffin #5. I'd have to think about the rest, but I doubt Arnett should be last. I understand it's because he's new, but whoever coaches Vandy should almost always be last. There are occasional exceptions, but Lea doesn't appear to be one of them.
Saban would only be #1 if the ranking were intentionally turning a blind eye to being allowed to cheat with impunity. He bought that first Julio Jones class with megabucks and everyone knew it and the 'AA was investigating Bama at the time and just ignored what everyone knew. And he never stopped. He was ignored when he violated coaching limits (simply inventing a new name for them). It was Dodge Chargers, antler spray, and biased officiating all the way down. As it is, he should get an asterisk:

*No record at Bama on a level playing field beyond his first year. He cheating with impunity and controlling the SEC office and its officials invalidate all results beyond his first year.

Don't get it twisted, what Heupel has done here since January 2021 has been more impressive than anyone not named Kirby Smart.
KS has handled a team with superior talent well. Not so sure he could have won 11 games in year two like CJH. Absolutely sure he would not have taken on the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back