Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing thread...

Moscow has the most elegant, artistic, and impressive subway system in the world, bar none.
I have seen a lot of the best, and Moscow blows them away.
The Hypnotizing Beauty Of Russiaā€™s Historic Metro Stations

I didn't love the city, but the metro was phenomenal. I would have been happy to spend a day just going from station to station to walk around.
I have been to the Forbidden City in Beijing, the Imperial Gardens in Kyoto, the Kremlin, Biltmore House, Buckingham Palace, the Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, and Versailles. The Moscow Metro Stations blows them all away.
moscow-metro-station-architecture-russia-bright-future-david-burdeny-10.jpg

moscow-metro-station-architecture-russia-bright-future-david-burdeny-14.jpg

Moscow has the most elegant, artistic, and impressive subway system in the world, bar none.
I have seen a lot of the best, and Moscow blows them away.
The Hypnotizing Beauty Of Russiaā€™s Historic Metro Stations

I didn't love the city, but the metro was phenomenal. I would have been happy to spend a day just going from station to station to walk around.
I have been to the Forbidden City in Beijing, the Imperial Gardens in Kyoto, the Kremlin, Biltmore House, Buckingham Palace, the Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, and Versailles. The Moscow Metro Stations blows them all away.
moscow-metro-station-architecture-russia-bright-future-david-burdeny-10.jpg

moscow-metro-station-architecture-russia-bright-future-david-burdeny-14.jpg

The design elements are nice but they don't compare to some of those other places, imo. They are basically hallways with cheap materials emulating the orthodox style but I could see how it would be mesmerizing to see those designs run the length of a metro station. Have you ever been inside an orthodox church? There you'd see what these elements really look like on a grand scale with the right materials. Many mosques are similar but a lot of Mosques borrowed elements from the orthodox churches or even built right inside them (a few mosques just put up walls over the frescoed walls of old churches - they didn't want to tear those elements down but images are forbidden in Islam).

Striking comparison to Heupelā€™s quotes in 2021 that his job is for the program to be as good as it can as fast as it can. And Napier inherited better personnel.
To be fair, Pruitt said it all and 10x harder. Talk is cheap either way. Everybody wants to win and win asap. Most won't though in a zero sum game.

I do agree he's setting lowered expectations and for a reason. It's scare me as a UF fan...if I could be any more worried with that goober looking guy...

Polk moved to TN when he was 8.
IMO, his term as president was the most impactful and successful presidential term in US History.
Lincoln was the most important and best overall US president, but his success was mixed in the first term.
He is definitely the most underrated president ever.

Went down to Columbia and toured his old home and it was awesome. Also bought me a t-shirt. Love showing off the James K Polk swag šŸ˜Ž

Polk moved to TN when he was 8.
IMO, his term as president was the most impactful and successful presidential term in US History.
Lincoln was the most important and best overall US president, but his success was mixed in the first term.
Lincoln was great, unless you were native American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back