Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that, I was still in the hope ‘This coach will finally, just finally’ stage. I’d like to say when Pruitt said that, I was out, but I was one of the dumb ones thought he might know what he was doing. In my defense, my IQ suffered during that time,
Wasn't just you.
I thought the same thing.

Still surreal that Tennessee manhandled Clemson the way they did. I don’t care who was playing or not, an ass kicking is an ass kicking! Probably Heupel’s best win.

With what was essentially our 2023 offense--not the record-breaking 2022 offense. Which is a huge reason for optimism going into this season.

even though Milton hasnt earned it on the field yet. That list is weak.
It's not going to be an all-time year for QBs if I had to guess. SEC list of QBs looks worse than it's been in a while. The big names right now are sort of flopping or at least not living up to their hype like guys recently have.

Reactions: Glitch
It's not going to be an all-time year for QBs if I had to guess. SEC QBs looks worse than it's been in a while. The big names right now are sort of flopping or at least not living up to their hype like guys recently have.
I predict Bammer and UGA will have QB's combined with preseason all world future first rounder of KY and SC.

Find something in the middle there and the SEC will be fine.

Have you seen what modders have been doing with chat gpt? Right now, there's a Skyrim mod that combines ChatGPT with OpenAI and xVASynth so that you can speak to random NPCs via your mic and have a full on conversation with that NPC on whatever you want. xVASynth is becoming a particular problem though because it voice trains based on samples you give it and then will read whatever you write using that voice so of course people are using it to make mods using real voice actors voices and other people's voices without their permission. And mod authors for Fallout and Mass Effect have already had mods yanked for abusing xVASynth.

AIs like this are going to be nasty headaches for everyone in the future when you really think about the things we'll be able to do with them. You'll never know what's real and what's fake and the mean things and nasty tricks we can do as well as frauds we can commit will go way beyond a mod author taking liberties with a voice actors voice to continue the adventures of their favorite character.
I've thought about that quite a bit. Not just voice, but images and video.

The age of simple visual or auditory fidelity is nearing an end. There won't be a simple "that's not me in the picture or the video" when it looks and sounds just like you. There will have to be something extra to create fidelity, for those that care.

There is a story on that Twitter feed about a 79 year old Japanese scuba diver who has been friends with one of these fish for 30 years after it was injured and he fed it crabs every day until it could catch its own food. This species must have a much larger brain and memory than most fish. Has a lot of sea mammal traits.

They apparently have also passed the self-recognizement test, which very few species on land can pass. I think they'd make the 3rd or 4th below sea. One has to wonder how many more intelligent creatures live underwater, if not vastly deep underwater.

Other random info here, fascinating stuff:

Smart as a Wrasse - FISHBIO | Fisheries Consultants

Lindy's is an idiot.

I'll take off the orange tinted glasses and say that Joe Milton outside a top 20 QB list can at least be argued. (I personally wouldn't, but it can be argued) No other reason than "show me" and that's completely fine honestly preseason he'll be slept on, end of the season he'll be holding a Heisman!

But to exclude a TN WR off a top 20 WR list with Heupel's offense? Absolutely idiotic! You can just pick the freak in Thornton or you can look at who returns with McCoy, Keyton or White but someone is going to catch plenty of TDs in this offense this season.

And to have Will Sheppard (60 catches for 776 yards and 9 TDs) as "as unstoppable as anyone in SEC" while excluding the TN WRs.... just dumbass list right there. Especially when Sheppard got the bulk of his stats in a single game, at North Illinois he had 10 catches 171 yards and 2 TDs, didn't have 100 yards in another game and never caught 10 passes in another game.

There is a new program from "wonder dynamics". You can make a normal video with a regular person and with 1 click the program will turn the person into any cgi character you choose. It does all the motion tracking, facial expressions, etc. It's in beta right now, but whenever it goes live, we should be seeing a whole bunch of crazy home made/YouTube videos.
This video was made by 1 guy in about a week.

Wonder Dynamics

There is a new program from "wonder dynamics". You can make a normal video with a regular person and with 1 click the program will turn the person into any cgi character you choose. It does all the motion tracking, facial expressions, etc. It's in beta right now, but whenever it goes live, we should be seeing a whole bunch of crazy home made/YouTube videos.
This video was made by 1 guy in about a week.

Wonder Dynamics

Enki you know theres a bright wonderful world out there, that doesnt involve AI. Bradda, I'm starting to worry bout you.

So I thought I saw where AP hinted that we would get more than one commit this weekend, how we feeling about it, or will it just be Lewis?

Reactions: ugg
Lindy's is an idiot.

I'll take off the orange tinted glasses and say that Joe Milton outside a top 20 QB list can at least be argued. (I personally wouldn't, but it can be argued) No other reason than "show me" and that's completely fine honestly preseason he'll be slept on, end of the season he'll be holding a Heisman!

But to exclude a TN WR off a top 20 WR list with Heupel's offense? Absolutely idiotic! You can just pick the freak in Thornton or you can look at who returns with McCoy, Keyton or White but someone is going to catch plenty of TDs in this offense this season.

And to have Will Sheppard (60 catches for 776 yards and 9 TDs) as "as unstoppable as anyone in SEC" while excluding the TN WRs.... just dumbass list right there. Especially when Sheppard got the bulk of his stats in a single game, at North Illinois he had 10 catches 171 yards and 2 TDs, didn't have 100 yards in another game and never caught 10 passes in another game.
These same people want to argue that it's a system that always produces big offensive stats, but don't want to give credit to the players involved in the production. At the end of the year, their success is undeniable (see Hyatt = Biletnikoff and Hooker competing for Heisman).

Personally, I like seeing them ignore our guys only to have our guys post ridiculous stats and make them look like morons. Sooner or later they're gonna realize that UT's skill players are always gonna end up on those lists at the end of the year.

Enki you know theres a bright wonderful world out there, that doesnt involve AI. Bradda, I'm starting to worry bout you.
Is that ai? I thought it was just a well programmed product. I guess it is ai.

I'm very good at multi-tasking. I was actually sky-diving over the Grand Canyon when I made that post.

Is that ai? I thought it was just a well programmed product. I guess it is ai.

I'm very good at multi-tasking. I was actually sky-diving over the Grand Canyon when I made that post.
How did you have cell signal? Wait. Hold up.

Are you Batman? And, I dont mean cool Batman, I mean nerdy Ben Affleck, conflicted and ironic...should he retire? but he cant! has to wear metal braces, sits on his CPU doing research all day Batman

How did you have cell signal? Wait. Hold up.

Are you Batman? And, I dont mean cool Batman, I mean nerdy Ben Affleck, conflicted - should he retire? but he cant! has to wear metal braces, sits on his CPU doing research all day Batman
I told you, I'm good at multi-tasking. I mounted a starlink satellite dish to my leg for WiFi.

I'm the opposite of Batman, the anti-billionaire non-crimefighter.

There is a story on that Twitter feed about a 79 year old Japanese scuba diver who has been friends with one of these fish for 30 years after it was injured and he fed it crabs every day until it could catch its own food. This species must have a much larger brain and memory than most fish. Has a lot of sea mammal traits.
But does it recognize irony? Until it can co-habitate with a generation of millenials, it can fetch my beer for me. Dominion, beeshes.

Spect is earn't. God gave us subsequent generations to test us, trials. Like the Israelites, but different. Pretty sure he was in a spritely mood when he hit the enter button on millenials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back