Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm dying to play Breath of the Wild and now Tears of the Kingdom but it is just so hard to justify the price of admission knowing that Nintendo's current system is woefully underpowered compared to other consoles and pc. They've tended to be less graphics intensive but this is the first time they're far enough behind that devs are considering whether or not they can even release some of their current games on Nintendo's system. It's surprising enough that Sony has more than one game for PS5 that their in-house devs won't release on PS4 but now devs are talking openly about moving away completely from last gen on both xbox and playstation and Nintendo's current gen is unfortunately last gen in terms of what the system can do and it's not just the raw graphics that are an issue.

I'm dying to play Breath of the Wild and now Tears of the Kingdom but it is just so hard to justify the price of admission knowing that Nintendo's current system is woefully underpowered compared to other consoles and pc. They've tended to be less graphics intensive but this is the first time they're far enough behind that devs are considering whether or not they can even release some of their current games on Nintendo's system. It's surprising enough that Sony has more than one game for PS5 that their in-house devs won't release on PS4 but now devs are talking openly about moving away completely from last gen on both xbox and playstation and Nintendo's current gen is unfortunately last gen in terms of what the system can do and it's not just the raw graphics that are an issue.

My kids started playing BOTW during 2020 while I sat at the kitchen table trying to work. I started taking frequent breaks to watch them and then started my own game. It was something for us to bond over and talk about. We have waited, sometimes less than patiently, for TOTK and so far we love it. Magnitudes more difficult and complicated in terms of the amount of things going on. However, it is also very familiar because the basic layout of the main world map is still there. We don't have any other gaming platforms so maybe we don't see the difference. All I know is that if this is what I can use to grow my relationships with my kids then I will play and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back