Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I served in Vietnam, crew chief on a Huey Gunship. I was with the Air Cav Troop, 11th Armored Cavalry. We knew why we were there. No one "lied to us". It was a sh[tty war, but all wars are sh[tty. Our officers actually educated us about our treaties, SEATO, and obligations. I have nothing but respect for how professional they were.

IMHO the problem with that war was that there was a draft and all the rich kids got a deferment, at least at the beginning. When deferments went away all the rich kids and their parents started b[tching about it, protesting. IMHO that war was more justified than Iraq, maybe even Afghanistan. JMO

Thank you sir 🫡🇺🇸 personally think it’s still the nastiest war we’ve ever been in…..if anyone is ever curious how lethal gorilla warfare can be and the mental toll it can take on the opposite side of the battlefield ,I tend to point to this war as reference.I blame a lot of the deaths on the White House because that’s where it was being ran from what I’ve studied.Johnson didn’t have a clue and nobody was listening to the boots on the ground.

1685413322221.gif

Im not worried about Bama sucking or us being good. If there are two top 5 teams in the conference they should see each other more than once every 10 years.
Or stuff like UGA has still never made the trip to college station. Its ridiculous.
D232F8E8-CC70-4397-BF51-79EBEE69D0D1.png

Here is Georgia’s rotating schedule starting in 2015…. You might have teams play more if you drop any permanent opponents or increase number of conference games played…. The conference is getting ready to gain two more teams… Teams won’t be able to play regularly with that many conference teams.

In all honesty i think theyre playing for more money.

The contract NEVER provided for a ninth game. And the SEC has been working on the 9 game schedule for a long time. This not new information. This is Saban and his Sankey trying to change the subject and confuse people about the order of events.

Last edited:
It's really hard, especially when you know that more is going on but they just haven't found it yet and aren't trying real hard to find it either. Every time he's been hospitalized, I've known fairly quickly whether or not the doc was going to do anything to help. Only one time have I gotten that at UT but every time we've had to use a smaller hospital it's been utterly useless beyond getting him stabilized.

As an aside.... He was so happy to see me today! Last night, I went home (I guess about 1.30 AM when it was clear he wasn't going to get a room any time soon) and I briefly woke him to tell him where he was and that I was going home but I knew he probably wouldn't remember it. Well, when he saw me today he was like a little kid. His eyes got huge and he said 'You found me!' As I mentioned earlier, he's still a bit confused and was worried that I wouldn't be able to find him where he was because he had no recollection of what had happened or how he got there. He was scared that something bad happened and that he might not see me again. He got in trouble with the CNA's because he's a fall risk and so has a bed alarm on but kept getting up because he wanted to hug me. He even said, "did you see how big my eyes got when I saw it was you?! I'm so happy to see you." It was great. 🤣
Hate that he was worried but so glad he knew you and was excited to see you!

Oh man that sounds awesome! Definitely share pics. That's the stuff I live for.
I'm not certified to scuba dive. I want to do more than snorkel though. So I built a homemade hookah diving rig for two people. It has 70' hoses. Don't have any desire to go that deep but at 20' you can explore a good bit around the boat.

I served in Vietnam, crew chief on a Huey Gunship. I was with the Air Cav Troop, 11th Armored Cavalry. We knew why we were there. No one "lied to us". It was a sh[tty war, but all wars are sh[tty. Our officers actually educated us about our treaties, SEATO, and obligations. I have nothing but respect for how professional they were.

IMHO the problem with that war was that there was a draft and all the rich kids got a deferment, at least at the beginning. When deferments went away all the rich kids and their parents started b[tching about it, protesting. IMHO that war was more justified than Iraq, maybe even Afghanistan. JMO

My dad was Navy Seabee stationed in Phu Bai from ‘68-69. Mortar squad.

I'm not certified to scuba dive. I want to do more than snorkel though. So I built a homemade hookah diving rig for two people. It has 70' hoses. Don't have any desire to go that deep but at 20' you can explore a good bit around the boat.
What if you get eaten by a shark?

Thank you sir 🫡🇺🇸 personally think it’s still the nastiest war we’ve ever been in…..if anyone is ever curious how lethal gorilla warfare can be and the mental toll it can take on the opposite side of the battlefield ,I tend to point to this war as reference.I blame a lot of the deaths on the White House because that’s where it was being ran from what I’ve studied.Johnson didn’t have a clue and nobody was listening to the boots on the ground.

View attachment 553753
You hit the nail on the head here. That is excactly what happened in Nam. The fighting men had to do what Washington wanted for political reasons and nothing else. Make me sick to think about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UTSuave’
Just you and the wife, huh? That must be soo romantic for you both. I bet you planned to find an eel, then say 'that's a Moray.'

Seriously, sounds fun. Always extra happy for those folks that save, plan, and tick it off bucket list. All the best.

Just you and the wife, huh? That must be soo romantic for you both. I bet you planned to find an eel, then say 'that's a Moray.'

Seriously, sounds fun. Always extra happy for those folks that save, plan, and tick it off bucket list. All the best.
Well played although I doubt a lot of the youngters will get the reference. He and the rest of the rat pack are regulars in my rotation.

Ok, guys and gals. At 3:00am Tuesday begins my excursion in the Bahamas. Our flight leaves at 5:25am from Knoxville to Nassau via Charlotte. We arrive in Nassau at 9:30am. We need to arrive at the airport by 3:30am as we have a metric crap ton of baggage. I'll probably have $500 in checked baggage. 🙄

We grab our rental then check into an air bnb near the marina. From there I'll visit a Bahama cell phone store to purchase a sim card so I can have service down there.

We then will visit grocery stores to begin provisioning for two weeks aboard our boat. We can't board our boat until 5:00PM Wednesday so we'll probably continue provisioning Wednesday too. We stay in the marina that night, go through an orientation, then we leave the marina on our way to the top of the exumas. It's a couple of hour run to where we plan to anchor.

We'll cruise over the next two weeks about 450 miles ending up back in Nassau on the 14th of June.

All the thoughts, prayers, good vibes and such are all appreciated. This is a true bucket list item that we've planned and saved for for years. I'll try and post pics along the way if we have data or wifi.
What type of boat? My family has self chartered sailboats for many years. Happy to share tips of the trade for live-aboard trips.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back