Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not certified to scuba dive. I want to do more than snorkel though. So I built a homemade hookah diving rig for two people. It has 70' hoses. Don't have any desire to go that deep but at 20' you can explore a good bit around the boat.
I have never heard of something like this and I’m fascinated by the thought of it. Be careful, hope it goes well. Looking forward to the recount once your back.

Well played although I doubt a lot of the youngters will get the reference. He and the rest of the rat pack are regulars in my rotation.
Invol will appreciate this.

That's Amore, legit family owned Italian food. Family waits on you, and cooks to order. Dining is an experience, on a personal level.

Three courses takes about a day and a half to be prepared, served, and eaten.

Right off of Flagler in NSB.

Edit: Yeah, they closed.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Ok, guys and gals. At 3:00am Tuesday begins my excursion in the Bahamas. Our flight leaves at 5:25am from Knoxville to Nassau via Charlotte. We arrive in Nassau at 9:30am. We need to arrive at the airport by 3:30am as we have a metric crap ton of baggage. I'll probably have $500 in checked baggage. 🙄

We grab our rental then check into an air bnb near the marina. From there I'll visit a Bahama cell phone store to purchase a sim card so I can have service down there.

We then will visit grocery stores to begin provisioning for two weeks aboard our boat. We can't board our boat until 5:00PM Wednesday so we'll probably continue provisioning Wednesday too. We stay in the marina that night, go through an orientation, then we leave the marina on our way to the top of the exumas. It's a couple of hour run to where we plan to anchor.

We'll cruise over the next two weeks about 450 miles ending up back in Nassau on the 14th of June.

All the thoughts, prayers, good vibes and such are all appreciated. This is a true bucket list item that we've planned and saved for for years. I'll try and post pics along the way if we have data or wifi.
Sounds awesome..have fun...we decided to come down here to T-Bay for the week to spend some quiet quality time with our daughter, boy-in-law, and all our old friends....just a relaxing old fart vacation for a change.

Ok, guys and gals. At 3:00am Tuesday begins my excursion in the Bahamas. Our flight leaves at 5:25am from Knoxville to Nassau via Charlotte. We arrive in Nassau at 9:30am. We need to arrive at the airport by 3:30am as we have a metric crap ton of baggage. I'll probably have $500 in checked baggage. 🙄

We grab our rental then check into an air bnb near the marina. From there I'll visit a Bahama cell phone store to purchase a sim card so I can have service down there.

We then will visit grocery stores to begin provisioning for two weeks aboard our boat. We can't board our boat until 5:00PM Wednesday so we'll probably continue provisioning Wednesday too. We stay in the marina that night, go through an orientation, then we leave the marina on our way to the top of the exumas. It's a couple of hour run to where we plan to anchor.

We'll cruise over the next two weeks about 450 miles ending up back in Nassau on the 14th of June.

All the thoughts, prayers, good vibes and such are all appreciated. This is a true bucket list item that we've planned and saved for for years. I'll try and post pics along the way if we have data or wifi.

Why would you need to buy a sim card for? My cell phone worked perfectly fine in Nassau when I went back in 2007. Bahamas has cell phone coverage just like here. It's not a 3rd world country or something.

Why would you need to buy a sim card for? My cell phone worked perfectly fine in Nassau when I went back in 2007. Bahamas has cell phone coverage just like here. It's not a 3rd world country or something.
A lot of the time, your US phone provider doesn't have coverage in other countries. It isn't that there is no cell service, just not through ATT or whatever.

Or worse, you CAN get cell service, but it is international and they charge you huge fees for it. When I traveled for work we were given sim cards and we certainly never went to any third world countries.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Rural carriers charge less per minute for data and voice. Hence the desire for unlocked phones. Typically Verizon is the less capable international carrier than ATT who traditionally had a GSM/HSPA network. Those decommissioned areas have been reused in 3rd world areas.

Bahamas was a British protectorate and due to proximity to US sees a lot of money from tourism. I believe Invol is trying to penny pinch, which I get.

Please continue praying for Parker. Going tomorrow for yet more labs, including a peripheral smear, which makes my wife concerned about some serious underlying things. This fever is still rearing its head every now and again even after the Mono diagnosis. Thanks so much Volnation!
All the prayers, Brother. Strength, healing and wisdom.

Beat me to it…….

twss.gif

Missouri has no ultra wealthy alumni and not enough fans to form a fan collective. So sad.
Yoiks. Isn’t the state of missouri paying players to stay in-state now too? You know you’re in bad shape when you’re the only school of note in your state and you can’t garner NIL support, and the state has to step in to help you recruit. I don’t imagine Drinkwitz will make it out of this season with his job.

Eli is making me 😥

This guy?

Revised Missouri NIL law allows high schoolers to get paid as soon they sign with in-state school

A contingent of Missouri Tiger coaches, including football coach Eliah Drinkwitz, were in the House chambers on Wednesday when the bill passed. National NIL observers say the bill “will have a major impact on college and high school NIL in the Show-Me State.”

According to the bill, coaches and school officials would be allowed to attend meetings between student-athletes and a third party where NIL compensation is negotiated.

Among other things, language was also added that says conferences and the NCAA shall not penalize a school as a result of an athlete receiving NIL money, investigate a school for engaging in NIL activity, penalize a school for an “institutional marketing associate” paying an athlete for their NIL. It also says that the law “shall not be construed to qualify a student-athlete as an employee of a post-secondary institution.”

“What we’re doing this year is really modernizing the program,” Missouri House Rep. and former Mizzou player Kurtis Gregory said Wednesday. “It really puts us to the top as far as NIL legislation across the country.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back